FS: Canon 400/5.6L

SirfishalotSirfishalot Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited March 19, 2008 in House of Canon
Canon 400mm f.5.6L
Very Good condition, sharp copy of this great lens. Comes with original box, case, hood, front & rear caps. Date code is UK0406.

Price dropped to $825 shipped (lower 48 only).
I have made a few purchases on Fred Miranda and have feedback on eBay under Sirfishalotz.

Please send PM if interested.

91279785.rZdSiB8e.IMGP5185.jpg
Here is a 100% crop straight from the 20D:
94306205.Ifda6de1.IMG_1924.jpg
More pics of the lens here:
http://www.pbase.com/sirfishalot/for_sale_items&page=3
Thanks for looking,
JayT

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Canon 400mm f.5.6L
    Very Good condition, sharp copy of this great lens. Comes with original box, case, hood, front & rear caps. Date code is UK0406.

Asking $850 + shipping and paypal fees.
    I have made a few purchases on Fred Miranda and have feedback on eBay under Sirfishalotz.

Please send PM if interested.

91279785.rZdSiB8e.IMGP5185.jpg
    Here is a 100% crop straight from the 20D:
    94306205.Ifda6de1.IMG_1924.jpg
    More pics of the lens here:
    http://www.pbase.com/sirfishalot/for_sale_items&page=3
    Thanks for looking,
    JayT

Good Morning,
    If I didn't buy back ma Bigma, I'd jump on this lens (the Bigma is a love/hate relationship right now; I love the IQ, but hate the weight rolleyes1.gif ) Anway, I've seen this lens sell for $950 recently on other forums. Somebody should jump on it b4 he tacks on a fuel surcharge. Good luck with your sale thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I'm sadly assuming you're in the states, I'm a canuck, and while I'd love to (REEEAALLY) I'm not sure customs is worth the trouble
  • SirfishalotSirfishalot Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Jim,
    Thanks, I've got a couple low ball offers over on another forum. Maybe folks are concerned about the age of the lens. Anyway it's making it easier for me to change my mind and just hang onto it. I shoot primarily Pentax gear and was considering switching when I bought it along witht the 20D. If anyone is looking for a nice BIF combo I've got the 20D up for sale as well.

JayT
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning,
    If I didn't buy back ma Bigma, I'd jump on this lens (the Bigma is a love/hate relationship right now; I love the IQ, but hate the weight rolleyes1.gif ) Anway, I've seen this lens sell for $950 recently on other forums. Somebody should jump on it b4 he tacks on a fuel surcharge. Good luck with your sale thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Jim,
    Thanks, I've got a couple low ball offers over on another forum. Maybe folks are concerned about the age of the lens. Anyway it's making it easier for me to change my mind and just hang onto it. I shoot primarily Pentax gear and was considering switching when I bought it along witht the 20D. If anyone is looking for a nice BIF combo I've got the 20D up for sale as well.

JayT
    Good Evening Jay,
    Nothing wrong with Pentax. Nothing wrong with Nikon, Olympus or Fuji for that matter either thumb.gif It all depends on your preference, kinda like Ford, Chevy or GM. Each brand has there own 'particulars' that attract buyers. Could be the style, feel, weight or even accessories available that make the difference.
    As for low ball offers ? Disregard them. You have a sharp copy of a very desirable lens. Doesn't matter if its 10 yrs old or 2 months old. People still want to buy the Canon "magic drain" lens and pay upwards of $700. It's a very good L lens, but outdated and non repairable by Canon. I wouldn't take anything under $850. It's still and always will be an excellent lens, one that cannot be bought for under $1100.00 new. People that low ball, know the value of this lens.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Evening Jay,
    Nothing wrong with Pentax. Nothing wrong with Nikon, Olympus or Fuji for that matter either thumb.gif It all depends on your preference, kinda like Ford, Chevy or GM. Each brand has there own 'particulars' that attract buyers. Could be the style, feel, weight or even accessories available that make the difference.
    As for low ball offers ? Disregard them. You have a sharp copy of a very desirable lens. Doesn't matter if its 10 yrs old or 2 months old. People still want to buy the Canon "magic drain" lens and pay upwards of $700. It's a very good L lens, but outdated and non repairable by Canon. I wouldn't take anything under $850. It's still and always will be an excellent lens, one that cannot be bought for under $1100.00 new. People that low ball, know the value of this lens.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
    Agreed, given the reassuring shots both of it and through it, and ignoring the international shipping issue, I'd have happily accepted $900, I'm happy for you that you've decided to hang onto it.