Train Seatmate

i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
edited March 19, 2008 in People
Had a death in the family and had to take an emergency 10 hour train ride... Anyway, couldn't sleep so I talked my seatmate into being a model for a few minutes and then I played with PS filters for the following 4-5 hours.

Enjoy!

2.jpg

1.jpg

#3 (my favorite)
3.jpg
I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
~Herbert Keppler

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Wow... lots of views and no posts...

Getting back to home on my usual monitor instead of a laptop on a train I noticed there seems to be a TON more noise in the jpeg versions (particularly in her hair) than in the RAW. Funny.
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Well I'll say something.

#1 is too out there for me.

#2 is good, very good, as I'm a bit of a softie for soft focus. I think it's a little bit too soft even, but the exposure is spot on, comp works and there's enough colour.

#3 Nice conversion, if you have her address, offer this one (and #2). Probably fits her feelings...
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • macmacmacmac Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    I like the softness of #2.
    Joe

www.joemcdowellphotography.com
    www.joemcdowellphotography.blogspot.com

Canon 30D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 III USM
    edited March 18, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Well I'll say something.

#1 is too out there for me.

#2 is good, very good, as I'm a bit of a softie for soft focus. I think it's a little bit too soft even, but the exposure is spot on, comp works and there's enough colour.

#3 Nice conversion, if you have her address, offer this one (and #2). Probably fits her feelings...

Thank you very much! The only thing in focus in #2 (although it's tough to see) is the area around her eye socket. When I was working with it all blown up it looked fantastic, but down sized I'm not so sure.

Thanks to both for comments!clap.gif

~Herbert Keppler
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    i'm also a fan of #2 nice work on that one!, the rest is too 'shopped' rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited March 19, 2008
    i'm also a fan of #2 nice work on that one!, the rest is too 'shopped' rolleyes1.gif

Thanks. Ironically, #3 is BY FAR the least shopped. All I did was a B&W conversion and a highlight filter to bring out her face and white out the background. ne_nau.gif

~Herbert Keppler