Attempting Water Droplets

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 20, 2008 in Holy Macro
I thought I would try my hand at doing a few water droplets on a miniature daffodil.
I also tried doing a reflection of a primrose through a water droplet as per Brian's tutorial but I obviously went wrong somewhere. Any kind of help would be appreciated.
266995114_N8kLp-L.jpg
266995225_bSFDo-L.jpg
266995295_7fSr2-L.jpg
The following droplets were from a dripping tap.
266995351_8uJRx-L.jpg

Regards
Bob

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Think the non-refacting droplet is the best shot although the daffodil in #2 is nice :)

The droplet I suspect is too big and flat to get a decent refraction- it's actually refracting the leaf it's sitting on. Try doing it with dewdrops hanging on grass blades- apart from having to get down on all fours it's easier to get refraction shots.

Brian V.
  • job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    I like no 2 the best as well
    Have you tries stacking a photo like this?

Glenn
    Glenn
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    job3210 wrote:
    I like no 2 the best as well
    Have you tries stacking a photo like this?

Glenn

Thanks Brian for the sound advice. If it wasn't for you one wouldn't be trying out these things. It is sure great to know there is someone to turn to for advice.
    No Glenn I haven't tried stacking a shot like this, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will certainly give it a try.
    Regards to you both
    Bob
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    You might also find you can get a refraction with that water drop if you vary you angle and perhaps get lower so that you are looking through the drop a bit more. As Brian said, it is a bit too flat for one of those lovely round refractions of the full flower, but it is possible to get some other ones.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I thought I would try my hand at doing a few water droplets on a miniature daffodil.
    I also tried doing a reflection of a primrose through a water droplet as per Brian's tutorial but I obviously went wrong somewhere. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

The following droplets were from a dripping tap.
    Regards
    Bob

Nice work Bob......... I really like number #3 thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin