First Attempt at Baseball

LKN DaveLKN Dave Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited March 18, 2008 in Sports
Here are a couple of my first ever attempt to capture baseball or any sport.

I had a lot of issues and I am not nearly to the level of the posters on this board, but overall for a first attempt I was happy.

I was shooting a 350D with the 70-200 IS f/4

266738248_vjuhG-M.jpg

266737689_qpeyj-M.jpg

266737874_TSY8G-M.jpg

After shooting these, I am even more amazed by the pictures others have posted here.

Comments

• SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Well as with all sports photography, doing it more will always increase and rasie your result quality. Knowing the game plays into it big time and shooting more verticals with less depth of field always helps too.

Keep shooting, you'll only get way better.
  • vt1122vt1122 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Nice shots overall. Same advice as the last post. Try and shoot individual players in portrait mode and don't be afraid to crop in tight. Just leave a little room in front of the pitcher, batter etc. #3 looks like a little levels adjustment wood give it some pop.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    looks like a good start. And to get a bat-on-ball shot your 1st time out - wow clap.gif

Like was mentioned, give them a bit of pop in PS and that'll help. You might also try lightening up the shadowed side of the pitcher.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    overall you did goodclap.gif the sun was not working in your favor for the pitcher but at least you can see detail in the front of him..

Bat on ball:ivar way to go!

I don't know if you were able to be on the field or the stands , but if you get on the field a lower shooting level is nice. like on one knee.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave