Slater - Focus Stack

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in Holy Macro
I did a seven photo focus stack on this Slater as I have found it quite difficult to do the focus stacking.
267027679_BcFH2-L.jpg
Regards
Bob

Comments

• RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Well damned if I can spot a flaw in that stack! 7 images?!?!?!

Very nicely done! clap.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Good stack Bob - ony criticism is you left the stacking borders round the edges- need cropping off :D - well done.
    Brian V.
  • job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    I think you have nailed stacking nowwings.gif
    Glenn
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    job3210 wrote:
    I think you have nailed stacking nowwings.gif

Thanks Robin and Glenn for those reassuring kind remarks.

Yes Brian, I did notice the edging around the top of the shell. I didn't know how to get rid of it. How do I go about cropping it? I use Photoshop CS3 Extended.
    Kind regards
    Bob
    edited March 18, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Robin and Glenn for those reassuring kind remarks.

Yes Brian, I did notice the edging around the top of the shell. I didn't know how to get rid of it. How do I go about cropping it? I use Photoshop CS3 Extended.
    Kind regards
    Bob
    You just use the rectangular marque tool (top left of the tool thing) I set it at fixed ratio of 3 :2 to preserve the pic ration normally - just outline the bit you want and then IMAGE/CROP

Brian V.
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited March 18, 2008
    well done ,what apperture did you use.
    i have tried a couple on flowers apperture f4- f6 have been better than f8 - f11. clap.gif
    edited March 18, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    well done ,what apperture did you use.
    i have tried a couple on flowers apperture f4- f6 have been better than f8 - f11. clap.gif

I did this on F.11 as Brian told me to do on 1:1

Mmmmm I am looking at this Brian and thanks again for all your kind help.

Kind regards to you both
    Bob
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I did a seven photo focus stack on this Slater as I have found it quite difficult to do the focus stacking.

Regards
    Bob

Wow Bob this looks terrific, except for that little boarder problem that you already know about, the Slater has so much detail.

Your really getting the hang of Brians Stacking Technique Bob clap.gif
    Well Done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 19, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow Bob this looks terrific, except for that little boarder problem that you already know about, the Slater has so much detail.

Your really getting the hang of Brians Stacking Technique Bob clap.gif
    Well Done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skip, I am still trying to sort out the crop for this one, and am awaiting a reply from Brian, following his advice.
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited March 20, 2008
    You just use the rectangular marque tool (top left of the tool thing) I set it at fixed ratio of 3 :2 to preserve the pic ration normally - just outline the bit you want and then IMAGE/CROP

Brian V.

Thanks Brian I have followed your instructions but how do I set the fixed ratio to 3:2 and when I try to outline the problem it will not highlight to crop. ne_nau.gif
    Thanks Brian
    Bob
    edited March 21, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Brian I have followed your instructions but how do I set the fixed ratio to 3:2 and when I try to outline the problem it will not highlight to crop. ne_nau.gif
    Thanks Brian
    Bob
    In my setup on CS2 I have a little bar at the top of the screen which shows the "brush " properties in that when using the rectangular margue tool I have a style that shows fixed aspect ratio with little boxes to put the ratio in.
    Brian V.
    edited March 21, 2008
    In my setup on CS2 I have a little bar at the top of the screen which shows the "brush " properties in that when using the rectangular margue tool I have a style that shows fixed aspect ratio with little boxes to put the ratio in.
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian, it would appear CS3 is somewhat different there is nothing like what you are explaining. I will put a post up in Finishing Scool and I am sure they will tell me.
    Regards
    Bob