First MP-E 65 shot

AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited March 20, 2008 in Holy Macro
My camera/lens just arrived in the mail while I was at work today..my wife charged the battery for me, so as soon as I got home, I started scouring the porch for something to test the camera with...took this within 15 minutes of getting it all mounted..the MT-24X has very harsh light..and I have some diffusers for it, was just too eager to play before I get them mounted..picture was taken at 2:1, couldn't get in for a higher magnification, since he was crammed in a crack in the wall :)
2341475205_0ae976e42e_b.jpg

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    You're doing a lot better with the MPE-65 than I did when I first got the lens :cool
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Good start with the lens - have fun with it :)
    Brian V.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Good start with the lens - have fun with it :)
    Brian V.

An excellent first shot. My first shot with this lens was with a screw, using Brian's tutorial. I am still struggling to use it but I am sure enjoying the challenge. Keep up the good work.
    Regards
    Bob
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Ahzdeeen wrote:
    My camera/lens just arrived in the mail while I was at work today..my wife charged the battery for me, so as soon as I got home, I started scouring the porch for something to test the camera with...took this within 15 minutes of getting it all mounted..the MT-24X has very harsh light..and I have some diffusers for it, was just too eager to play before I get them mounted..picture was taken at 2:1, couldn't get in for a higher magnification, since he was crammed in a crack in the wall :)

You did way better than me too, heck I wouldn't even show anyone my first couple of shots I took with my MPE-65 rolleyes1.gif

Congratulations on the new Lens Ahzdeeen clap.gif
    Hope you find some really cool stuff to photograph and show us.
    Have fun thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin