Editing Galleries

spydermanspyderman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited March 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ok I am new to Smug and I am impressed!!! I got hooked up with Smug through a client that wants me to customize this for them....

They have galleries with lots of Sub Galleries (
1006 galleries with 27592 photos) the BIG problem is that when they select that gallery ALL the thumbnails have to download also ...

IS there a way to just list the Gallery name with that a clickable item?

Where in the system do I find this option ...OR can this option be added I dont think I am the only one that has thought this..

Thanks in Advance

Spyderman

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    spyderman wrote:
    Ok I am new to Smug and I am impressed!!! I got hooked up with Smug through a client that wants me to customize this for them....

They have galleries with lots of Sub Galleries (
    1006 galleries with 27592 photos) the BIG problem is that when they select that gallery ALL the thumbnails have to download also ...

IS there a way to just list the Gallery name with that a clickable item?

Where in the system do I find this option ...OR can this option be added I dont think I am the only one that has thought this..

Thanks in Advance

Spyderman

I'm not sure how to make the thumbnails not show up, but one way to make it appear faster is to "feature" a photo for each gallery. This makes the featured photo the thumbnail for that gallery and it never changes. By default, a random thumbnail is pulled and this can increase loading times.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com