Home page slideshow not working

kdlanejrkdlanejr Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited March 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Not sure what happened. Might have been something I did.

Code in the javascript box:

function createSWF( w, h, params) {
var args = "";
for (var i in params) {
args += i + "=" + params + "&";
}
document.writeln('<object width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">'+ '<param name="movie" value="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007091201.swf?'+args+'"/>'+ '<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />'+ '<embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007091201.swf?'+args+'" wmode="transparent" width="' + w + '" height="' + h + '" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"/></object>');
return 1;
}

I changed the width and height to 150%. When that didn't work, I put it back at 100%. Since then.., no slideshow.

Code in my bio box:

<html>
********>
var oParams = new Object;
oParams.AlbumID = "4380581";
oParams.newWindow = 'false';
oParams.transparent = "true";
oParams.splash = 'http://www.kennydphotography.com/photos/257218120_wwDhL-O.jpg';
oParams.showLogo = "false";
oParams.showThumbs = "false";
oParams.showButtons = 'true';
oParams.crossFadeSpeed = '350';
oParams.borderThickness='04';
oParams.borderColor='474747';
createSWF(412,600, oParams, "transparent");
</********
</div>
</html>

Incidentally, I looked at the "my page is broke" post before I posted. When I click on slideshow on the two pages you have listed, the monitor goes to full screen, then stays black. It returns to normal upon pressing escape.

I tried this "new slideshow feature" last night with one of my galleries and it worked properly. Of course, my home page slideshow was working properly also.

I also notices that the slideshow code on Ivar's tutorial page is different than the code I have in my bio box even though Ivar's tutorial is where I got the code from before.

Please tell me what I've done wrong here or what's changed on the site that is now a GOTCHA for me.

smugmug username: KennyD
ported domain name: www.kennydphotography.com

Comments

• kdlanejrkdlanejr Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Closed IE7 and relaunched it
    Now the slide show is working again. I'll check the pages you listed in the other thread I mentioned and see if the full screen slideshow is working again.
    edited March 19, 2008
    Full page slideshow working again
    Okay,

Now that the full page slideshow is working again, can you tell me why my slideshow images are smaller than the splash image.

Also, Now that I've looked the full screen slideshow, my home page slideshow is not coming up again.

Is there a slideshow code conflict occurring here?
    edited March 19, 2008
    This is repeatable
    When the slideshow will not run, closing IE7 and relaunching gets the slideshow running again, but this in not something I'd like to be telling my clients.