Soccer practice

TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in Sports
Went to watch practice for the Kansas City Wizards yesterday. They just returned from a pre-season trip to Argentina with a couple new players they signed while in South America.

It was cold and overcast and not the best day to play sports photographer, but what the heck, I was already there.

Seems someone kept blocking the shot, no pun intended...

267570314_hVFhy-M-3.jpg

267571370_asEfL-M-3.jpg

This one turned out better...
267571798_WLm96-M-3.jpg

I will have to stop by and practice some more, it has been a long time since I shot any sports...

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    No faces = no impactne_nau.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif

In addition, the sharpness isn't there and the backgrounds are distracting. were you using a TC? Or were these heavy crops?

It's a tough situation because the background is close - so it's tough to get wide shots without the background being a big distraction. With a background like that, my suggestion would be to shoot tighter and decrease the DOF. Might not be the style of shot you were looking for but sometimes we have to adapt to what the situation is and get the best possible shot available given the situation.
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    johng wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

In addition, the sharpness isn't there and the backgrounds are distracting. were you using a TC? Or were these heavy crops?

It's a tough situation because the background is close - so it's tough to get wide shots without the background being a big distraction. With a background like that, my suggestion would be to shoot tighter and decrease the DOF. Might not be the style of shot you were looking for but sometimes we have to adapt to what the situation is and get the best possible shot available given the situation.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.

The focus is probably soft from using the autofocus. I experimented with different settings (including the program settings). I was trying to concentrate on getting the timing down on that day. I took a few more today looking to get more face in the shots. I will see if some of those are better and put one ore two in here.

Again, thanks for looking.
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    I think I got a few better ones today. Still a long ways to go...

268369866_iuako-M-1.jpg

268370139_pzdgK-M-1.jpg

268361230_MRngV-M-1.jpg

268362377_2FLNZ-M-1.jpg