Videos Quit Playing

HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited March 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I had three videos here, which were working until I uploaded a new one this morning. After upload, I tested it and it played all the way through without a problem. When I came back to it just a few minutes later, it no longer plays and none of the other ones will play either.

Any ideas what happened?

Thanks,

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    HDVideo wrote:
    I had three videos here, which were working until I uploaded a new one this morning. After upload, I tested it and it played all the way through without a problem. When I came back to it just a few minutes later, it no longer plays and none of the other ones will play either.

Any ideas what happened?

Thanks,
    Get the same thing, none of them run. Just a quick flash of QT then nothing.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    We're looking at what's going on, guys. More info as we get it thumb.gif I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
  • HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Get the same thing, none of them run. Just a quick flash of QT then nothing.
    Thanks for verifying that Al. I wasn't sure if it was just my PC or not. I'm not sure what's going on with them.
    edited March 19, 2008
    Thanks Ivar. In checking the clips, the new one is about 13min long, but well under the max file size. Could that be causing the problem?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    HDVideo wrote:
    Thanks Ivar. In checking the clips, the new one is about 13min long, but well under the max file size. Could that be causing the problem?
    No, it's busted and will be fixed soon, hang in there.
    edited March 19, 2008
    Just curious if this is a server-wide problem or am I the only one that can't play videos?
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 19, 2008
    HDVideo wrote:
    Just curious if this is a server-wide problem or am I the only one that can't play videos?

It should be fixed now. Can anyone that was having problems try it and see if it is indeed fixed?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited March 19, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    It should be fixed now. Can anyone that was having problems try it and see if it is indeed fixed?
    The clip referenced in the original post now seems to be playing.

Thanks for the help!