My Granddaughter

SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited March 29, 2005 in People
She's hiding under the kitchen table while Easter dinner is being prepared.

18364490-L.jpg

I'm trying to develop a PP that creates a soft image without losing detail. Shot with my S1 Pro, 50mm 1.4 lens at f2. Appreciate any comments.

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 28, 2005
    Steve:

This a very nice shot of a beautiful little girl. The lighting seems perfect and the DOF is near perfect. Only thing I might have tried is getting lower, to her level, rather than shooting down at her. Getting her elbow in frame and maybe cropping a bit off the top. thumb.gif
  • SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Steve:

This a very nice shot of a beautiful little girl. The lighting seems perfect and the DOF is near perfect. Only thing I might have tried is getting lower, to her level, rather than shooting down at her. Getting her elbow in frame and maybe cropping a bit off the top. thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I tend to frame my main subject and forget about the rest of the composition. It's something i need to remind myself about.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I tend to frame my main subject and forget about the rest of the composition. It's something i need to remind myself about.
    thats lovely steve, I agree with Angelo, that would have made a beautiful shot perfect clap.gif
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    I too like the picture. About the angle: going down to her level might be an option, but I also like the current perspective. I mean right now, the top/down angle really shows you she's hiding under a table, and the way it looked to you as a grown up. If you'd change the angle, you'd see what it is hiding under the table from her side of things. Both options have something going for it.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    Good, very good...clap.gif
    If the camera was turned 90 degrees, to still retain the table top & include her elbow...?

shaman
    PEACE ~ WISDOM

• SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I just really need to look at the edges of the composition and make sure I've got everything before I push the button.