Options

Way to let some view all image sizes and buy at no cost?

skibum4skibum4 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited September 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Basically I want to let some people view all sizes while limiting others to say XLarge and I want the people who can view all sizes to be able to print and download at cost while everyone else at the set prices. Is there any way to do this other than the tediousness and spacewastingness of uploading the gallery twice once for general public and a second time PW protected but with minimum pricing and all size access allowed? Seems awfully tedious and like quite a waste of smugmug's HD space too.

The Pro guest PW doesn't do it. First, it lets them re-arrange stuff and add, although I guess I could just ask them not to. Furthermore, it charges full price for access to image downloads, etc.

It would be nice if one use the PW on a gallery to change image size access and pricing and not just toggle that it is hidden or not.
thanks.

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    skibum4 wrote:
    Basically I want to let some people view all sizes while limiting others to say XLarge and I want the people who can view all sizes to be able to print and download at cost while everyone else at the set prices. Is there any way to do this other than the tediousness and spacewastingness of uploading the gallery twice once for general public and a second time PW protected but with minimum pricing and all size access allowed? Seems awfully tedious and like quite a waste of smugmug's HD space too.

The Pro guest PW doesn't do it. First, it lets them re-arrange stuff and add, although I guess I could just ask them not to. Furthermore, it charges full price for access to image downloads, etc.

It would be nice if one use the PW on a gallery to change image size access and pricing and not just toggle that it is hidden or not.
    thanks.
    Welcome to dgrin....wave.gif

Sorry to say, using two galleries will be the way to go. I don't know of a way to do what you are asking for :(

The second gallery would just need the image protection disabled and your viewers will be able to save the photo right from the gallery.
  • Options
    skibum4skibum4 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    richW wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin....wave.gif

Sorry to say, using two galleries will be the way to go. I don't know of a way to do what you are asking for :(

The second gallery would just need the image protection disabled and your viewers will be able to save the photo right from the gallery.

thanks!

Do you know if there is a way to do bulk "make 2nd copy". Then I could just make 2nd copy for all photos with one click, grab the 2nd copies and bulk copy to the new protected gallery with one click (i think). It's getting to be a little tedious to select each photo and make 2nd copies one by one, especially since the drop down menu needs to be reset and then set again to make it work for each subsequenct photo. Not the end of the world, but certainly a time waster. A one button make copies of all photos would help.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    skibum4 wrote:

thanks.

That would be a tall order to set up and for such little use I don't see any company doing it. Like richW said, 2 galleries is the only way. Don't feel bad for some things I have 4 galleries of the same photos. It quadruples my upload time, but its manageable. If you are going to do this regularly I recommend getting Star Explorer if you don't already have it.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    gtlukegtluke Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    i found this thread while searching.
    this is a feature greatly overlooked. i'm coming from a menalto gallery and i used a feature like this all the time.
    i shoot some races where my friends compete, i want them free access to all full size photo's but i want the other contestants to purchase. i would like a way to make an additional login for my account with restricted rights. gallery was loaded with features to do this, and here i have nothing :(
    i just feel wasteful uploading twice