Mike's Farm

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in People
Our family took a trip to a place called Mike's farm a few months ago. (Yes I got behind on processing my images.) We went on a hayride, visited some animals and ate at a great family style restaurant. Here are a few of the shots. I tried some new presets in Lightroom. C&C welcome as always.

267924230_cmCVQ-L.jpg

267924960_GRGp7-L.jpg

267927900_v5Etn-L.jpg

267934142_kVfkn-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    I really like 1st shot, 2nd, not too crazy about processing, but tractor looks good! 3rd shot is pretty good as well.
    Thanks for posting these, sounds like you all had a great time thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Nice shots David. I especially like the processing on #4.
    LadyTX
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    I really like 1st shot, 2nd, not too crazy about processing, but tractor looks good! 3rd shot is pretty good as well.
    Thanks for posting these, sounds like you all had a great time thumb.gif

Thanks for commenting. I like the tractor in #2 as well, but wasn't as crazy about how my daughter looks in the shot.
    edited March 20, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Nice shots David. I especially like the processing on #4.

Thank you.
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    Thanks for commenting. I like the tractor in #2 as well, but wasn't as crazy about how my daughter looks in the shot.

indeed. It's a simular problem in #4 also I think(to a lesser extent). the post looks great on all the stuff(the wood, the hay, the rusty tractor all look great), but I don't think it accentuates your daughter well.ne_nau.gif Also wheels are cut off in 1,2,4 but you don't need me to tell you that. Otherwise, I think these are pretty nicely composed.
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Those are cute shots. I like the PP "vintage" look in the couple that you used the presets on, but I'm not crazy about the skintones in them. I think vintage is so tricky to pull off.
    edited March 21, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    indeed. It's a simular problem in #4 also I think(to a lesser extent). the post looks great on all the stuff(the wood, the hay, the rusty tractor all look great), but I don't think it accentuates your daughter well.ne_nau.gif Also wheels are cut off in 1,2,4 but you don't need me to tell you that. Otherwise, I think these are pretty nicely composed.

I agree. I love the way it makes the "stuff" look. It did not do so well on my daughter. Thanks for commenting.
    edited March 21, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Those are cute shots. I like the PP "vintage" look in the couple that you used the presets on, but I'm not crazy about the skintones in them. I think vintage is so tricky to pull off.

Thanks Jan. I am going to continue experimenting with these presets and a few others. I think it takes just the right picture to pull it off. I love the way the tractor and wagon look, but not so much my daughter.