arranging galleries

com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
why doesn't it always take like it's supposed to? sometimes it works on try #1, sometimes (and most often) not until try #4+.

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    com3 wrote:
    why doesn't it always take like it's supposed to? sometimes it works on try #1, sometimes (and most often) not until try #4+.
    Which browser and operating syatem are you using? I swapped the #1 & 2 galleries twice without any problems.
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    richW wrote:
    Which browser and operating syatem are you using? I swapped the #1 & 2 galleries twice without any problems.

FF2.0.0.11 + XP Pro SP2
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    com3 wrote:
    FF2.0.0.11 + XP Pro SP2
    headscratch.gif Same here, except FF2.0.012
    I'll head over to my site and start trying to replicate. Give it another go and see what happens. These and arrange images are hard ones, I've never had any problems (lucky I guess). Will start digging :)
    edited March 20, 2008
    richW wrote:
    headscratch.gif Same here, except FF2.0.012
    I'll head over to my site and start trying to replicate. Give it another go and see what happens. These and arrange images are hard ones, I've never had any problems (lucky I guess). Will start digging :)

cool, thanks. i just tried it again here: http://www.seppes.com/Me juxtaposing track and street, and it worked just fine on the first shot. *shrugs*

i run into it all the time though, whenever i make new galleries in the /family section, since a new gallery is always listed at the bottom when i make it, i always "move to start" and it takes a few times before it reflects.
  • wayne861wayne861 Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    It often takes multiple tries to arrange galleries.
    com3 wrote:
    cool, thanks. i just tried it again here: http://www.seppes.com/Me juxtaposing track and street, and it worked just fine on the first shot. *shrugs*

i run into it all the time though, whenever i make new galleries in the /family section, since a new gallery is always listed at the bottom when i make it, i always "move to start" and it takes a few times before it reflects.

More often than not, it takes a few tries to make changes stick when you arrange galleries. We used to have this problem with arranging photos in a gallery, but Andy stepped in and worked some magic and that function works fine now. Maybe Andy can bring his magic wand out again?

Wayne
    edited April 16, 2008
    11 tries over the last 4.5 hours before it took this time...

http://www.seppes.com/Nature < moved the last gallery to the first position.
    edited April 16, 2008
    huh..maybe i spoke too soon.. i just flipped from one gallery to another, and when i came back, it was back in the wrong spot... i CTRL+F5'd and still, wrong spot...

//me goes back to trying to put it where i want it. hehe.
    edited April 16, 2008
    kk..worked the first time just now... does it matter if i've got mutliple tabs open to multiple galleries?