Options

Latest creation

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Took some time tonight on the kitchen floor to shoot this - been meaning to for several months. It's quite a cool bottle to look at. Only thing I couldn't work around is the damn harshness on the label (ended up with a long snoot on bare flash). I think some well-diffused light close in and above may do the trick, but that's for another night. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. Thoughts?

ISO 100, 1/200, f/8, 20D + 50/1.4
267993424_vnyYo-XL.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Think you got a nice result from the effort you put in it. Pretty clean really. thumb.gif
    The label problem isn't so bad that you couldn't fix it up fairly quick.
    Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    TristanP wrote:
    Took some time tonight on the kitchen floor to shoot this - been meaning to for several months. It's quite a cool bottle to look at. Only thing I couldn't work around is the damn harshness on the label (ended up with a long snoot on bare flash). I think some well-diffused light close in and above may do the trick, but that's for another night. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. Thoughts?

ISO 100, 1/200, f/8, 20D + 50/1.4

You did a very nice job of this Tristan,
    The flash reflection on the seal at the front is about all that takes away from this image....... it's a nice looking bottle.

I'm sure you will figure out the light, its not that bad thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin