Niagara Springs, Idaho

Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in Landscapes
The cold mountain waters of the Lost River ( Lost River Range, Idaho) and several tributaries disappear under ground just north of the Craters of the Moon National monument. Ninety miles to the southwest, and 200 hundred years later, this same water gushes from canyon walls as icy falls that feed the Snake River. These images are of Niagara Springs, one of the many like it in the "1000 Springs" area near Hagerman, Idaho.

266706483_cBuaK-L-1.jpg

268353772_T6LuN-L.jpg

268354924_X53qK-L.jpg

268356164_Jpf2z-L.jpg

268340611_Vxyjx-L.jpg

C&C at will please.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Lovely silky
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    I like them :D The water looks so white...almost like it's snow flowing down.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    clap.gif really cool, i like the last one the best
    Aaron Nelson
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    The cold mountain waters of the Lost River ( Lost River Range, Idaho) and several tributaries disappear under ground just north of the Craters of the Moon National monument. Ninety miles to the southwest, and 200 hundred years later, this same water gushes from canyon walls as icy falls that feed the Snake River. These images are of Niagara Springs, one of the many like it in the "1000 Springs" area near Hagerman, Idaho.

You have brought back memories from my childhood. I remember hearing of the Lost River and speculation of where it reappeared.

We lived in Twin Falls for about a year and a half at the end of World War II (my dad sold cars and had gone back into the repair shop when they couldn't get them during the war until another fellow from So. Illinois ask him to join him in a juke box maintence business in Twin Falls).

Where we went many times was the Shoshone Falls. I can't help but wonder how they look now. At that time the amount of water was greatly affected by how much was pulled out of the river for irrigation up stream. I don't know how much is memory of the actual area and how much is from the photos and movies that my dad and another relative took — we moved out there when I was 3 (left on my third birthday).

Jane
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Thaks all for the awsome comments.
    Jane,
    You remember very well. Shoshone Falls is still a wonder to behold. I am glad to have kindled your memories and flattered that you were moved to respond.