Photos in gallery not the same?

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited March 21, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Not sure what brainless thing I did to have this change but....
www.360photostock.com

My photo galleries changed

To: 4 thumbs across, 15 thumbs per page

In addition, the photos are displaying smaller than they used to when clicked.

I checked my gallery customization and can't seem to locate what's changed this? I have all my galleries on Smugmug Classic theme and Smugmug style.

The only thing I can remember doing different is changing the allowable largest size to view to medium.
And although that would explain the smaller viewed image, it does not explain the rows and number of thumbs per page change.

And it doesn't explain how after I changed it back to large (largest size viewable) ... the gallery and images appear the same.

Anything you can think of to assist would be appreciated. I'm sure it's some stupid simple thing my brain is not thinking of after a few hours of customizing the site tonight!
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Not sure what brainless thing I did to have this change but....
    www.360photostock.com

My photo galleries changed

To: 4 thumbs across, 15 thumbs per page

In addition, the photos are displaying smaller than they used to when clicked.

I checked my gallery customization and can't seem to locate what's changed this? I have all my galleries on Smugmug Classic theme and Smugmug style.

The only thing I can remember doing different is changing the allowable largest size to view to medium.
    And although that would explain the smaller viewed image, it does not explain the rows and number of thumbs per page change.

And it doesn't explain how after I changed it back to large (largest size viewable) ... the gallery and images appear the same.

Anything you can think of to assist would be appreciated. I'm sure it's some stupid simple thing my brain is not thinking of after a few hours of customizing the site tonight!

If you are enabled for "stretchy", Smugmug will automatically size the number of thumbs and the size of the main image to fit your browser window size. Make the window larger and it will show more thumbs or display a larger main image or both. Make the window smaller and it will show fewer thumbs or display a smaller main image or both. It is limited to the max display size you allow so that affects it too. You already said that you changed the max display size so that explains part of what you saw. Browser window size differences or some changes to your customization could explain the other differences.

If this still doesn't explain what you wanted to know, then please include a specific link to a gallery, a specific window size (in pixels) and a description and/or screenshot of what you see and your question.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    stretchy
    15524779-Ti.gifstretchy
  • MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    I figured that now
    Thank you for joining in. I figured that out a few hours ago when I did a double check of my control panel settings.

Thing that seems goofy to me (because I'm still a photographer first and a graphics man second ;-) is that a larger screen resolution actually SHRINKS
    the images viewed in the photo galleries. On a 800 x 600 monitor the images and galleries are larger than on a 1024 x 768 monitor. Sure, I know it shrinks more graphics into the same space but, it also shrinks those graphics individually in size in the process.

So, when I had stretchy turned ON my gallery thumbs and representative photo for each thumb shrunk and squeezed more thumbs into the view 'per page', taking it from 12 thumbs to 15 thumbs per page and shrinking the size of the thumbs and larger photo view. Everything looked pitifully small to me on my screen (at 1024 x 768) with Strectchy turned On. Ofcourse, it might have looked beautiful for someone with a really large monitor?

I'll have to go out and by a 20 in. (or larger) monitor now to see how nice things really look with stretchy turned ON :-)

unfortunately, that would throw my priorities into a tailspin. No can do :-(

Thanks for your help guys!

ivar wrote:
    Markjay
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Markjay wrote:

I'll have to go out and by a 20 in. (or larger) monitor now to see how nice things really look with stretchy turned ON :-)

unfortunately, that would throw my priorities into a tailspin. No can do :-(

No you don't:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3907332#226689247
  • MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Thanks
    I was just kidding, Andy. Thank you though, a sneak preview will come in handy when I'm really ready to take the large monitor plunge.
    Andy wrote:
    Markjay