Lizard with interesting eye

sabbath999sabbath999 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Holy Macro
Taken recently in Omaha. Captive.

red.jpg

The only PP done to it was cropping just a SLIGHT bit in Capture NX.

D300, 105mm f/2.8 VR Macro, ISO 800, f/16. 1/60th.

The biggest problem with getting this shot is that I was shooting through WET glass... that adds a whole new level of difficulty. You can see some of the deformations from the water droplets in the lower left corner, I had to wait until he ducked down through a relatively dry spot on the glass before I could shoot it.

I used a higher ISO because the D300 has insane high ISO performance, which allows me to use less flash causing a lot less glare on glass while still getting a lot of depth of field.

I am anxious to try out my new ring flash, but they are useless in the extreme when shooting through glass... waiting for flowers and bugs!

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Wonderful shot- love the eyes on these lizards (gecko ?)

Brian V.
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Wow what an eye!
    Yours and the lizzards. Great image! MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    sabbath999 wrote:
    Taken recently in Omaha. Captive.

The only PP done to it was cropping just a SLIGHT bit in Capture NX.

D300, 105mm f/2.8 VR Macro, ISO 800, f/16. 1/60th.

The biggest problem with getting this shot is that I was shooting through WET glass... that adds a whole new level of difficulty. You can see some of the deformations from the water droplets in the lower left corner, I had to wait until he ducked down through a relatively dry spot on the glass before I could shoot it.

I used a higher ISO because the D300 has insane high ISO performance, which allows me to use less flash causing a lot less glare on glass while still getting a lot of depth of field.

I am anxious to try out my new ring flash, but they are useless in the extreme when shooting through glass... waiting for flowers and bugs!

It's even smiling for you clap.gif
    The eye looks awesome, look at those little veins, matches the body.
    Hope you get to shoot more of this little guy, what a great little subject to shoot.

Well Done Sabbath999, very nicely photographed thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin