Where I live

The SlothThe Sloth Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited March 24, 2008 in Landscapes
This is my first post! I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.

The first was shot with my A640, the second with a friend's XT, and the last two with my brand new 40D:rambo.

l_3f7dc67ba76d78e76ca98460bb493b44.jpg

l_016fa1c7fb932477eb61421b614a831f.jpg

l_c38bdc01d35c1f93fd24291e7699adc1.jpg

l_7ba058731694c0066740015cf88457a9.jpg
You can see it all here.
If they dont want their picture taken, then please hide or leave. :D

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Welcome, the last 3 are my favorites.thumb.gif
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    The pier shot is really nice. Great color, composition, etc. The crisp reflection of both sky and pier is excellent.

In the first image a little more DOF might help. The wave needs to be a little lighter and more distinct enough to tell for sure it's a wave. A graduated ND filter would have helped too.

Composition on the third shot is great. I'd clone out the free hand upper left. If this is a crop and you can do it you might think about pulling in more of the hand on the reins.

The last one would be better if the horse was moving into the frame. Not crazy about the color in either one of the last two.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Welcome :D

I like your photos. I agree about the horse photo with the hand showing. I would actually crop or clone it out. Best to clone it out if you can. Its a beautiful horse.

Whats the first photo of? Is that mud or rocks sticking out of the water? I like the color of the water.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Hi and welcome! What a great and interesting mix of photos. Admittedly dressage isn't a landscape but I love it anyway. I love dressage, always wanted to train in it and wish I could have chosen that path in life (but photography won lol3.gif)

I love the desaturation you've done with the horse and rider. The muted feeling really emphasizes what dressage is all about: refinement, subtlety, and inner communication. Maybe I'm reading too much into this? but I like it. For the profile of the horse, I'd actually want more of the hand, not less of it. That is part of what's going on in expression of the subjects, which is important.

Your sunsets (rises?) are gorgeous as well. thumb.gif
  • theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Awesome shots! I really like the first shot as is, I agree that a little more DOF might help, but I think the foreground makes it easy for us to determine that there are indeed waves under that bokeh.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be referencing ol' Greg the man-fish would you? :D
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Welcome

I agree with Schmoo regarding the horsee shots, desaturation workedthumb.gif

Your first image is cool but I think it would have worked better with a longer lens forcing a shalower depth of fielddeal.gif
  • slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Welcome
    Welcome and congrats on your new toy! I really like your pier shot! Keep them coming.

:D