Black cat - Some Portrait

ravicravic Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
edited March 24, 2008 in People
Some portrait of Meo Mun (black cat). Her dress is the renovation - Vietnamese dress.
Comment pls!

1#
268495231_iQuro-L.jpg

2#
268495907_TydF8-L.jpg

3#
268496782_h36GQ-L.jpg

4#
268497521_xgoYs-L.jpg

5#
268499218_LBxVF-L.jpg

6#
268500000_iEvF3-L.jpg

7#
268500747_apMpG-L.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 23, 2008
    Beautiful dress and lovely model. In #3 and #6 she has the expression of a runway fashion model that looks permanently pissed off at the world. Maybe that's what you wanted, but I prefer the more pensive look of #1 and #5. Well done.thumb.gif
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    I think these are great! I really her look in number 1, but I wish I could see her eyes a bit better. I like the way her eyes pop out in number 2 better. Her look in number 3 doesn't do it for me. Number four is my favorite of the bunch, but it looks like it's leaning a bit to the left... perhaps it could use a little straightening. I like how you went with a large DOF to get the windows in focus, it's a nice contrast from the other shots with the shallow DOF. I kind of wish she popped out a bit more - maybe a little more work in post can make it stronger?

I also like 6 quite a bit, I especially like what the shallow DOF does to the pattern on the floor. I think the doors on the left are a little distracting... would it have been possible to close them?

Overall, great stuff, and thanks for sharing.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Wow- really cool.

I like #1 a lot but wish the elbow wasn't cut off.

# 5 and #6 are just GREAT!! clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Beautiful shots of a lovely lady. :ivar

I agree with Aaron about the elbow. Every shot is great. I just wish her dress had fallen differently below her left hip in number five - which happens to be my favorite image. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Very nice
    Great shots! I like #1 and #5 the best. I agree that her look in the others is a bit harsh. Good job!

thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Congratulations for getting some psychological interest into these portraits thumb.gif
    and for showing that a face can be posed as well as a body thumb.gif

I wish you had gone a little further with that, and got closer to the face sometimes, and given the face some action for its beauty to exercise itself on!

A refreshing break from the passive smiles-after-smiles-after-smiles...

I find #4 the most interesting, but the chair detracts because it is so mundane and different compared with the grand architecture. There is a kind of narrative there, but narrative needn't be "logical". Imagine that her turning motion drew with her a train of material which, where it moved across the tiles, uncovered a flower...

The location does not suit all the poses, but the photographic qualities of each image are very nice.

Thanks.
    Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • limey-glimey-g Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Very nice love the melancholy look in #1, the saturation of colours in her dress really set it off, pity about the elbow.
    Geoff