Speedskating

alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited March 26, 2008 in Sports
Hi
Normally I post in the landscape forum but 2 days after I got my Nikon D300 I took some shots at a speedskating event here in Norway. And I'm very satrisfied with the results. I had a D70 before, but the D300 is more suited for this type of work.
255560322_hHfBx-L.jpg

255559643_T8kg6-L.jpg

I used the 6FPS and 21 point focus dynamic focus and the Sigma 70-200mm/2.8

C&C welcome
/Alex

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    ne_nau.gif no pictures

Tim
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    alexL wrote:
    Hi
    Normally I post in the landscape forum but 2 days after I got my Nikon D300 I took some shots at a speedskating event here in Norway. And I'm very satrisfied with the results. I had a D70 before, but the D300 is more suited for this type of work.

I used the 6FPS and 21 point focus dynamic focus and the Sigma 70-200mm/2.8

C&C welcome
    /Alex

Alex, we don't see your images because your gallery is not enabled for linking here. Possible problems are:
    • External linking not enabled
    • Gallery is password protected
    • Account is password protected
    • Images are hidden.
    I can see that embeded two images, but neither of them will show for us. You may see them because they are in your browser cache or because you are logged in.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Sorry fixed that
    /Alex
  • tjstridertjstrider Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    these pictures would be a lot more "dynamic and interesting" if either head on from a low angle... or else pan a little bit with the skater and use a slower Shutter

otherwise they look nice...
    5D2 + 50D | Canon EF-s 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 50mm 1.8, 580EXII
    http://stridephoto.carbonmade.com
  • alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Hi
    thanks for the comment I agree. There was a lot of light and it was hard to get a slower shutter speed and not to much DOF. But on the first one there isn't a background to blur and ive the feeling of speed.
    I was standing outside the swing. It was easier to pan from in side the swing as shown below
    270840971_p7sii-L.jpg

270840861_YdaLr-L.jpg
    although I could have panned even more
    I'll keep it in mind at the next event
    /Alex