Box Canyon Springs

Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited March 24, 2008 in Landscapes
The waters of the Lost River ( Lost River Range, Idaho) disappear under the ground north of "Craters of the Moon" National monument. Deep below, through unknown geological mysteries, they perculate and purify. Some ninety miles to the southwest, and 200 hundred years later, this same water gushes from canyon walls. It pours from basalt cliffs as icy falls that feed the Snake River. Crystal Springs, Box Canyon Spring, Clear Spring, 1000Springs, each a jewel in an otherwise often barren landscape, the arid desert of south western Idaho. These images are of Box Canyon Springs and Niagara Springs, two of many in the "1000 Springs" area near Hagerman, Idaho.

269333764_WBiCb-L.jpg

269332964_fVXBc-L.jpg

268353979_EMKT9-L.jpg

266706483_cBuaK-L-1.jpg

269338270_72MTn-L.jpg

C&C greatfuly welcome and encouraged! More images in this series are loceted in the gallery linked below.
http://www.whetstone.smugmug.com/gallery/4373191_qZNW4#269338270

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Great photos enclosed in my favorites clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    WOW- what a cool place!!

I looked at your gallery and actually like #8 the most. Great color and water motion.

Looks like a great place for you to visit over and over.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    An amazing collection of images, Albert! I, too, went to your page. Number twelve had me looking for horses and bears (a-la Beverly Doolittle. :D) Very impressive.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Thanks Awais, Arron and Lee
    You comments are most appreciated. I am greatful.

Yes a place to visit over and again. Actually there are numerous springs and falls in this system that I have yet to visit. Some require I get out my canoe and waders so I am waiting till the weather warms.

Bev Dolittle headscratch.gif , I see that now. Cool observation.

Thanks All.
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Beautiful imagesclap.gif . Visited your gallery. It's amazing that these wonderful photos of water come from such a stark landscape.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    ArticBlooms Thanks.
    Thanks. Yes it is a special treat visit these springs in such austere suroundings.
    Hey I am making my Maiden Alaska Photo Safari this August. Can I P.M. you for some location/travel tips?mwink.gif
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    ...Hey I am making my Maiden Alaska Photo Safari this August. Can I P.M. you for some location/travel tips?mwink.gif
    I'll be happy to provide some input.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...