new SlideShow mode

bactonbacton Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited March 26, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I would like to see a more complete explanation of the new SlideShow mode and what can be done with it. A couple of the questions that I have are:

1) does the new SlideShow mode affect the way access statistics are calculated or determined? Does the new mode present images in a different resolution than the old mode? My access stats seem to have fundamentally changed.

2) I like the direct link provided to SlideShow mode. But, can it be configured to pre-select or specify the speed of the SlideShow?

3) What has happened to the "caption" option that used to appear in the old SlideShow mode?

4) Starting SlideShow mode from inside the gallery brings up the SlideShow in full screen mode WHEREAS the link to SlideShow mode seems to bring the view (I use IE) within the IE frame. Can anything be done about this in the link specification?

Just a few questions as I adapt to the changes.

Thanks.

Bob.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    bacton wrote:
    1) does the new SlideShow mode affect the way access statistics are calculated or determined? Does the new mode present images in a different resolution than the old mode? My access stats seem to have fundamentally changed.
    I've asked our engineering team to look into Stats and Full Screen slideshow.

2) I like the direct link provided to SlideShow mode. But, can it be configured to pre-select or specify the speed of the SlideShow?
    No, not at the present time, sorry.

3) What has happened to the "caption" option that used to appear in the old SlideShow mode?
    Not available presently, personally I'd like to see it back. We'll see what we can do about that.

4) Starting SlideShow mode from inside the gallery brings up the SlideShow in full screen mode WHEREAS the link to SlideShow mode seems to bring the view (I use IE) within the IE frame. Can anything be done about this in the link specification?

No, I'm sorry that's how it works.... I wish I had a better answer for you!
  • WashoutWashout Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Slideshow
    I'd be great if you could have the slideshow display photos randomly... :)