Joshua Tree Park Photos

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited April 1, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi all... here are some photos that I took in Joshua Tree park yesterday... I love that park- it just has this stark beauty about it. C&C are most welcome...

269226680_TDxPH-L-2.jpg

269229007_WqKE3-L-2.jpg

269229362_eBvJg-L-2.jpg

269226460_wRyHT-L-2.jpg

269380264_q47fm-L-1.jpg

269228090_Nhv4k-L-4.jpg

266057575_qHa8t-L-9.jpg

Cheers,

Nikhil

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Don't attach, Post! see Posting a Pic on Dgrin! and post a string of them like you see on other threads.

Like what I see in the attached, but a bit small.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Thanks for that...
    LRmvcDonR wrote:
    Don't attach, Post! see Posting a Pic on Dgrin! and post a string of them like you see on other threads.

Like what I see in the attached, but a bit small.

Don

Thanks a lot for that link... will do it that way

Cheers,

Nikhil
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    You are welcome. I like all of them, but especially the last with the full moon. Good work!thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Very nice shots. I like your use of backlighting/silhouetting. It creates some drama in the images.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Very nice shots. I like your use of backlighting/silhouetting. It creates some drama in the images.

15524779-Ti.gif Well said! Joshua trees make great silhouettes and I think you know this by how you used them to make unique shapes against the sky and on the sand.

I'd love to go there and try this myself some day.

Great work! thumb.gif
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    LOVE the shadow in the 1st one!!!

I really like the the first 2 colors ones as well. Great job and thanks for sharing! clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    Nice shots- Love that place.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited March 23, 2008
    Thanks for the comments guys
    Thanks all for your comments. I just love B&W and can't seem to get enough of Joshua Tree- such a beautiful place with so many photographic opportunities. I left LA yesterday around 3:30 AM to catch the sunrise (which now in retrospect was not really a good idea) and as I entered the park around 6 AM I could see this BIG beautiful full moon and I was so tempted to stop my car and shoot that- but I had promised a friend I would meet him at Keys View for the sunrise... hence missed out on those shots...

Guess where I will be going on the next full moon at 3AM? :D

And yes.. #1 is my favorite... I was so happy seeing that picture on my computer... so much beauty around us and so little time to soak it all in...

Have a great week all...

N
    edited March 25, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    LOVE the shadow in the 1st one!!!

I really like the the first 2 colors ones as well. Great job and thanks for sharing! clap.gif

I like the first one a lot too... at least you and I are on the same page...:D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    There is something about those Joshua trees.... love em! iloveyou.gif

The first and last are my fave; I really like those shadows. How does it look in color?

Eia
  • RadgeRadge Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2008
    Very nice photos. I was out there on Sunday and caught nothing nearly as nice. This inspires me to get better.
    edited March 26, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    There is something about those Joshua trees.... love em! iloveyou.gif

The first and last are my fave; I really like those shadows. How does it look in color?

Eia

Thanks Eia... it is pretty monochromatic as it was backlit... so not much color at all...very slight color on the sand....

The last one is pretty colorful... the flowers are bright yellow, sky is deep blue... so quite contrasty and nice...
    edited March 26, 2008
    Radge wrote:
    Very nice photos. I was out there on Sunday and caught nothing nearly as nice. This inspires me to get better.

Thanks for your comments. Don't worry- you just have to walk around and see things. I am sure you will do just great... You should try and go on the next full moon early morning (try and get there an hour and a half before sunrise)... The moon was so gorgeous that I am planning on going back the next full moon to capture it. I also suggest that you enter from the North Entrance- some of the images I could have obtained...sigh...(I did not as i was racing towards Keys View for the sunrise) ...rolleyes1.gif
  • RadgeRadge Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    Thanks for your comments. Don't worry- you just have to walk around and see things. I am sure you will do just great... You should try and go on the next full moon early morning (try and get there an hour and a half before sunrise)... The moon was so gorgeous that I am planning on going back the next full moon to capture it. I also suggest that you enter from the North Entrance- some of the images I could have obtained...sigh...(I did not as i was racing towards Keys View for the sunrise) ...rolleyes1.gif

I'm definitely going to go back. April might be hard to pull off, but I'll try to get out there for the moon in May. Last time I was there years ago I went in through the North entrance. This time I went in through the West entrance, but I know what you mean. The whole park is amazing, but there's a lot of great things about the park heading from the North entrance.
    edited March 26, 2008
    Radge wrote:
    I'm definitely going to go back. April might be hard to pull off, but I'll try to get out there for the moon in May. Last time I was there years ago I went in through the North entrance. This time I went in through the West entrance, but I know what you mean. The whole park is amazing, but there's a lot of great things about the park heading from the North entrance.

Awesome- post your pics when you have them... I am also planning on going to Yosemite in the first week of June (I heard it is the best time to go as waterfalls are in full force and crowds are not that bad) for around 4 days... that is one trip I am really looking forward to. I bought Ansel Adams new book titled '400 photographs' and some of the photos of Yosemite (previously not published) are just great.

N
  • nikonboinikonboi Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 1, 2008
    Like them. interesting compositions