Found these on my walk

MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited March 28, 2008 in Holy Macro
I have been very busy this last week and have been itching to get out to take some photos. I've also missed seeing everyones work which I find inspirational.

So, here is my contribution. Went for a walk yesterday morning and found these:

269031169_dEp8u-L.jpg

and

269047796_wr4So-L.jpg

The first picture is of a Milkweed Assassin bug - pretty active here in Queensland all year round and a great friend to have in the garden as it'll eat all pests.

The second picture is another Damselfly. Thank goodness for those gardeners who don't weed as this gal was having a wow of a time in that garden.

As always, C&C are most welcome.

MichelleL
Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
http://legg.smugmug.com/

Comments

• job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    2 Nice photo's, looks like you get a lot of different bugs in Queensland
    Glenn
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Nice colour michelle. Looks like you have that flash worked out.

If you want big spiders you are welcome to pop over to my yard. Ive got some so big that they made me say a password to get into my own house. I could hear them sniggering to each other as i ducked past.
  • MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Nice colour michelle. Looks like you have that flash worked out.

If you want big spiders you are welcome to pop over to my yard. Ive got some so big that they made me say a password to get into my own house. I could hear them sniggering to each other as i ducked past.

Hey Gus

Me and spiders ...... hmmmm .... headscratch.gif if they are really tiny little ones - I don't have a problem with this - but big ones that require passwords just may be a bit out of my league!! rolleyes1.gif

The first picture - the flash saved my butt - the difference between the flash and non flash is amazing. The second pic is without the flash as the Damselfly was in the full sun and there were no shadows that needed filling by the flash. I'm still learning with the flash and still carry the manual with me!
    Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
    http://legg.smugmug.com/
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Both lovely captures :) - looking forward to seeing damselflies in the summer :)
    Brian V.
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Looks like it was a nice walk!
    Very nice images. We have both of those insects here in Florida. I did not know the name of the Orange one... Thanks! MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Very nice images. We have both of those insects here in Florida. I did not know the name of the Orange one... Thanks! MM

Fantastic shots Michelle.
    Regards
    Bob
  • AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Great shots :D I especially like the lighting on the Assassin Bug, helps pull your eye to his eye and down the length of his body, very well done thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    MichelleL wrote:
    I have been very busy this last week and have been itching to get out to take some photos. I've also missed seeing everyones work which I find inspirational.

So, here is my contribution. Went for a walk yesterday morning and found these:

The first picture is of a Milkweed Assassin bug - pretty active here in Queensland all year round and a great friend to have in the garden as it'll eat all pests.

The second picture is another Damselfly. Thank goodness for those gardeners who don't weed as this gal was having a wow of a time in that garden.

As always, C&C are most welcome.

MichelleL

Nicely done Michelle clap.gif living in a tropical climate like you do would give you access to all kinds of interesting and colourful bugs.
    Wish it was me that was finding them.

Love that first shot :ivar nicely captured, and your Damsel too thumb.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin