On going Series I call 'Facade Stories'

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited March 26, 2008 in Landscapes
On going Series I call 'Facade Stories'

Walls, Facades, tell Tales. Here are some images that can tell you a story of now missing buildings.

A couple samples:
1)
261486063_nYkUG-XL-1.jpg

2)
262440601_VtMbp-XL-1.jpg

More at Facade Stories.

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    What, no interest in this sort of shooting at all?

headscratch.gif

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    I really like the idea. I have tried to take shots like that and never been able to make them interesting enough to others.

I love how you can see the stairs and a little of the life lived next to that wall.
    edited March 25, 2008
    Thank you for looking, TPBinKC. I know this isn't glamorous Wildlife or Exotic Landscape, but I think there is something to be gained form looking at old stuff like this.

Don
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    LRmvcDonR wrote:
    Thank you for looking, TPBinKC. I know this isn't glamorous Wildlife or Exotic Landscape, but I think there is something to be gained form looking at old stuff like this.

Don

I agree there is something to be gained.
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Just noticed this post, what a great subject for a seriesclap.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 26, 2008
    LRmvcDonR wrote:
    What, no interest in this sort of shooting at all?

headscratch.gif

Don

I missed this post at first, but I'm glad I finally noticed it. I have taken a number of similar shots and enjoyed seeing yours. I am fascinated by the story that is told by them and the way they seem to compress time. I love the stairways in #2.

Well done. clap.gif
    edited March 26, 2008
    Thank you Marc and Richard. I started theis just a few months ago. Here where I live I'm running out of material. GOT to get to other places soon.

:D

Don
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Don,

I've often seen such buildings and the designs the destruction reveals in the side. I never thought to do a series on them!

I think the patterns in the brick have a lot of potential with the geometric shapes and seemingly illogical lines, but it's difficult to isolate these details and still give context to what you're looking at. I do think a lot of the stuff around the edges (trees, constructions equipment) is a bit distracting, like Molsondog said.

Good luck with the rest of your project, and I hope you get to travel for this! :D
    edited March 26, 2008
    Thanks all for looking. At this point they are all Editorial shots. Only been through Lightroom for basic adjustments and some cropping, at times.

I do plan to take some of them through PSCS, when I have time, for straightening, cloning, etc.

Thanks for all the kind words.

A series like this is fun! Especially hunting them out. I added some last night to the Gallery. And switch a few I had shot the day before that I had mistakenly shot at 3200 in broad daylight. rolleyes1.gif

Don