Kodak Brownie Target Six-20

oldhippiechickoldhippiechick Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Cameras
I have an old Brownie Target Six-20 box camera that my father left me and I would love to be able to use it. I run a photography group and we are doing an exhibit in May about the different mediums of photography (i.e., ditigal, film, pinhole, cell phone, point-and-shoot, etc.) I think it would be great to have photos from this old vintage camera (they stopped making them in 1952). I know they don't sell 620 film that is used for this camera, but I've been told you can use 120(?) but respool onto a 620 spool (this is all Greek to me, BTW). Does anyone know anything about this camera that can help me find a way to use it? I would greatly appreciate it. :stud
... the love you take is equal to the love you make -- P. McCartney

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited March 24, 2008
    Really good information here:

http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/respool.htm
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • oldhippiechickoldhippiechick Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Yikes!!!! Thanks so much Ziggy. It's looks a little beyond my minor capabilities. eek7.gif Maybe I can find a photo place here in NY that might know how to do this stuff.

Great info. Thanks a million.

OHC
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Yikes!!!! Thanks so much Ziggy. It's looks a little beyond my minor capabilities. eek7.gif Maybe I can find a photo place here in NY that might know how to do this stuff.

Great info. Thanks a million.

OHC
    Actually, it's not that difficult, you should give it a try. I tried it a few years back for my brownie, and it wasn't as difficult as it seemed at all thumb.gif
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    the trick of course is doing this in complete darkness, so practice on a roll first. It can be hard to find complete darkness these days, but it you go to Target or Walgreens, they usually have a changing bag that they can let you use to make a few rolls (its a big black bag/box that keeps light out.)
  • oldhippiechickoldhippiechick Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Thanks everyone. It turns out a friend of mine has a changing bag I can use -- but I found this place called "Film Classics" or something like that that sells 620 -- actually I think it might be 120 spooled on 620 spools. I'm not even sure if the camera works or not. I mentioned yesterday in a thread that I just bought a Holga which I'm VERY excited about using. I do like digital but I love the idea of different ways to creat interesting images. I'm still a huge novice in photography but my 'juices' get going more when I can work outside the box.iloveyou.gif

Thanks so much.