General Hospital

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited March 25, 2008 in Landscapes
I bruised the @#$@#$%@#$@# out of my leg getting in here. A week later and my leg is still numb where I hit my leg. Yay nerve damage!

I walked right out the front door when I left and stopped to wave at the cameras.

This is where the city's poorest of the poor went to get health care. The corporation that bought the hospital told them to F' off and closed most of this place, including this still well stocked children's ward. Lots of good equipment sits inside here rotting away when it should be used to help treat the indigent. Very sad.

My first set that I've processed with Lightroom and CS3. A HUGE improvement over The Gimp and well worth the cost (still I'm glad I had a University discount...)

The hallways here are great in a semi modern sort of way
bed-hallway.jpg

Better or worse?
better-or-worse.jpg

Bookworm
books.jpg

Caged
caged-bear.jpg

Wait right here
chairs.jpg

Dog v Cat
dog-cat.jpg

Flag day
flag.jpg

More hallway yummies
hallway2.jpg

Everyone loves hallways
hallway.jpg

Kill your TV
kill-your-tv3.jpg

Get some air
porch.jpg

Rhino
rhino.jpg

Skoool
school.jpg

Snapshot
snashot.jpg

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Interesting series.
    Personally, I think the last comic shot ruins the quiet surreal mood of the series.

Yup too bad that the hospital is closed.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Comic relief after such despairing shots of a Hospital could be good, but that one seems inappropriate.

Wish I had the opportunity for shooting such a series, but I probably would not be so daring on entering such a building.

Great work, except as noted.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    whoops forgot i left that one in here, i try to not post my just joking around photos on here and keep it more serious business on here.

removed it to keep the somber mood. :)