Options

Glowing red..jum smells good!

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
During todays blizzard...i got bored.

So i got an idé lookin out the window..My red bottle of perfume would do the trick.

To bad i was way to sloppy when i took the photos. The snow was just killing me so i had to do it fast.

The result.

270423566_ymAhp-XL.jpg

270424862_KcF5K-XL.jpg

Please share your thoughts!

Over and out.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    You ask for my reaction and I'll give it to you. Please understand that these type considerations are, of course, very subjective.

The second picture has some interest to me. A little less exposure might help it some...but, again, that depends on what you like.

The first picture holds no appeal to me at all. I tend to prefer more of a literal approach to photography. This apparent trend to out-of-focus photography is way overdone in my book. There is, certainly, a time and place for all different techniques and working in OOF is one of them. But, all to often, this technique is either over-used or manipulated in such fashion as to lose it's appeal.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Well sir i agree with you there. I just wanted to do something during boring times stuck at home. The photos dosnt say much about anything. And i allso think OOF photagraphy is overused, to bad since i like it.

THe thought of the black and white one was to blow out the snow so just the fuss was left..Sort of mystical thin sourrounding the bottle.

Thanx for sharing your thoughts!

* Bad language edited by Skippy
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    The second one looks like a good product shot.

The first one, there is so little that is in focus. It might could have worked if the LaCoste name and logo were in focus and the rest OOF and maybe at a slighter lower angle.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    I like the first one best
    It looks like it could be one of those advertisements that leave you guessing “What is it?” Just my opinion but I am no expert.
    The angle and splash of color leaking through the snow at the bottom of the bottle is really cool. MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    It looks like it could be one of those advertisements that leave you guessing “What is it?” Just my opinion but I am no expert.
    The angle and splash of color leaking through the snow at the bottom of the bottle is really cool. MM

Funny how everyone sees things differently :D

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, I like the splash of colour. thumb.gif

... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin