The Lodge.

HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited March 26, 2008 in Landscapes
Whistlin Jack Lodge. Hwy 410, Washington.
C&C Welcome
Thanks.

259891345_SNu6M-XL-4.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Looks so cozy! I want to stop by and see the local oddities in the store, and maybe get a bite to eat. :D
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Very 'Kincaid' (I hope I got the correct Oil Painter). For me all the Glow makes the images seem to be too OOF.

A shooting idea worth playing with.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Joe MJoe M Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Great looking image. I haven't tried HDR at night, but photos like this make me want to give it a shot. Nice job on picking the location to take the photo also. Was there a road up there or did you have to hike?

If I had to say anything unfavorable it would be that I think it needs just a touch of sharpening or contrast boost. I don't know which. Maybe a slight curves contrast adjustment.
    NC Retouched SmugMug Gallery

"Still of hand will never make up for emptiness of heart." -Rodney Smith
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    For me... the composition is well...relaxing. A picture I could look at and imagine what the people are doing. Maybe a little more pop with the contrast or something...

This is an enjoyable photo! thumb.gif

Eia
  • HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Thanks for the comments guy's.
    Something I have learned in the last couple of years is, everyone See's pictures differently, and I mean by the source in which the view it.
    My 17" dell Inspiron 9300 laptop that I do all my work on shows good blacks and contrast, and the saturation is a little hot, like a 50's post card:D
    But on my desk top screen it looks more washed out, and not as saturated.
    I have my laptop as my main PP computer because I spend so much time on the road and my printer's prints match what I do. so there ya have it.

Didn't have to hike much to get this, there is a road up the side of this hill I am on, I just needed to climb down a bit to get past the tree's.