Options

Tulip Festival - Woodburn, Oregon

firelook2firelook2 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited April 12, 2008 in Journeys
Hi folks,

The Tulip Festival has started at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn, Oregon and runs through the middle of April. Due to the cold winter we've had this year, the "full bloom" is still about 2 weeks away, but there were still plenty of flowers to shoot last weekend!

Marcy

270837082_W7MLs-S.jpg

270837064_jT59c-S.jpg

270441096_So3aH-S.jpg

270441078_UWqX7-S.jpg
Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Lovely shots of the tulips! The third one is my favorite.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I'm hoping to make it there this year! I've lived about an hour away for 11 years and have never gone. Your shots are really encouraging me to go now. The second shot makes it look like the rows could go on forever. Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Thanks, Shima and Elaine - appreciate the comments. The Tulip Festival is a lot of fun- plenty of food, games for kids, arts and crafts, and of course, tons of great photo ops including a windmill, wooden shoes and the gorgeous flowers!
    Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Oh my...the Tulip Festival has started and I'm still looking out my window at snow :cry

I can't wait for spring to see some color other then white. Thanks for sharing some colorful photos.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Laughing.gif - Don't feel bad, we had snow on the ground this morning, too! I had to go over to the "west side" of the Cascades to find the tulips.

It will probably be a while before you have spring flowers there in North Dakota, hmmm? My dad was raised around Tioga and Ray and told stories about the cold. (His Mother's relatives still live in the other side of the state around the Red River.)

Thanks for the nice comments on photos,
    ..Marcy
    Firelook2

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    firelook2 wrote:
    Laughing.gif - Don't feel bad, we had snow on the ground this morning, too! I had to go over to the "west side" of the Cascades to find the tulips.

It will probably be a while before you have spring flowers there in North Dakota, hmmm? My dad was raised around Tioga and Ray and told stories about the cold. (His Mother's relatives still live in the other side of the state around the Red River.)

Thanks for the nice comments on photos,
    ..Marcy

Red River Valley....its a beautiful place...flat, but beautiful :D I'm bias tho...I live in the valley by the Red River. I have family in Stanley....not far from Tioga.

You did make my day when I saw your photos. When you live with white for so long its so nice to see come bright colors. It was worth the trip over to the "west side".
  • Options
    beansbaxterbeansbaxter Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2008
    Cool pictures! We are planning on going to the Tulip Festival, just a tad north of you in Washington, for some photo opportunities.
  • Options
    JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Beautiful! We lived in Portland for a very short time, but I took my daughter to the fest. It was wonderful!!!
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com