Mottisfort Abbey Gardens

SKMSKM Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
edited March 30, 2008 in Landscapes
This is a shot of the bridge and river which runs through the abbey gardens, a National Trust property in Southern England

WDYT

Regards

Stan

IMG_7441800pxedit.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Hi Stan,

Lovely warm light and I think this scene has a lot of potential for serenity, what with the bridge and the stream. It's a bit busy to me, and the sameness of all the green foliage is a little bit underwhelming. I bet that if you got closer and isloated one part of the image to showcase, this could be a much more powerful shot. And maybe snow in winter, or autumn colors? :D

Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
  • SKMSKM Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Stan,

Lovely warm light and I think this scene has a lot of potential for serenity, what with the bridge and the stream. It's a bit busy to me, and the sameness of all the green foliage is a little bit underwhelming. I bet that if you got closer and isloated one part of the image to showcase, this could be a much more powerful shot. And maybe snow in winter, or autumn colors? :D

Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

Hi thanks for your comments and suggestions. On reflection perhaps a crop to bring the bridge into the lower left third would have been better.

"And maybe snow in winter" - cant remember the last time we had snow down in the part of the country!!

Regards

Stan
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    That is a cool looking bridge and pleasant lighting. I agree with Schmoo's comments that this image is too busy. With the leaves off the trees the only interesting aspect is the bridge. With the brick, the ivy, and the water running through the arches, it looks like you could have done something interesting with that ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    Wow what a lovely place.iloveyou.gif Very nice, thanks.thumb.gif