Niagara Falls In Winter

photographzphotographz Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited March 31, 2008 in Landscapes
An ice covered tree in the Falls during winter:

264372185_vZ4Na-S.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Even though I don't know where the falls are in relation to this, the tree looks precarious. I have only visited Niagara in the summertime, but I love shots I see of the place in winter, too.

Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    You caught the frost on the trees...I bet with all the water there the frost is on the trees all winter...am I correct?

Never thought about visiting this area in the winter...but the season gives a beautiful photo.
  • photographzphotographz Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    This is the rapids of the Niagara river, right before the falls. During the summer, you can walk down where that tree is.

The trees are coating in ice a good part of the winter, because of the mist from the falls. It makes for a cold visit (and it cna be challenging if you are trying to shoot where the mist is blowing to), but on a sunny day, it's very pretty.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    This is the rapids of the Niagara river, right before the falls. During the summer, you can walk down where that tree is.

The trees are coating in ice a good part of the winter, because of the mist from the falls. It makes for a cold visit (and it cna be challenging if you are trying to shoot where the mist is blowing to), but on a sunny day, it's very pretty.

I bet it is pretty when the sun is shinning. I know where I live if there is frost on the trees with the morning sun...its an awesome sight :D

I really think I would enjoy the visit there in the winter more then during the summer.