Easter Sunrise Service

hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Landscapes
This is held every year by my church down at the local beach. It's very fun to go to (and shorter than the service later in the day :wink ). I got this one shot that i really liked. *PLEASE* tell me what you think of it.I'm feeling mixed about it. it was at about 6:30 am

Thanks!

dsc0003ct7.jpg
www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod

Comments

• ohsogorgeous1ohsogorgeous1 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I personally love how the cross looks against the sky. It's beautiful, but when you look to the bottom it's rather dark and I had to really look to make out the chairs....maybe a few minutes more, the light would of been lighter?
  • hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I personally love how the cross looks against the sky. It's beautiful, but when you look to the bottom it's rather dark and I had to really look to make out the chairs....maybe a few minutes more, the light would of been lighter?

thanks for the response...Do you think it might be better to just crop the chairs out completely and leave the skyline in the background? I have one from a little later, but the oranges and blues arent as rich.
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I have found that some people like the silhouette concept and some do not. I personally do because it makes you wonder what is really there. Some people want to actually see what is there rather than guess.

That is at least my opinion.

As for the image thumb.gif

Though I might crop some of the darkness at the bottom off I think the silhouette of the chairs is perfect.

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    It's at least 2 stops underexposed.