Options

Engagement photos - need c/c prior to printing please

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited March 27, 2008 in Weddings
I shot an engagement session for a good friend in Florida a little while ago and have decided to print three photos as their wedding present. All will be 11x14 in size. I have taken these as far as I can in Lightroom and was hoping for another pair of eyes to let me know if these are 'good enough'.
Specific/nagging questions:
Does the differing amount of sky in photos 1 and 2 bother you? They will likely be hung next to each other. With the crop, I could move photo 1 down a bit to equal the sky in both. This felt like I lost too much headroom in the first photo though.
Does the slightly different blue of the water in 1 and 2 detract at all? Tried getting them as close as possible...
How do you feel about the last one in sepia? The original thought was to have all three processed similarly. I really like sepia for the last one but it felt too 'muddy' for the first two with the predominance of water present. I feel that the third shot looses a bit when left in color.
I really appreciate any and all thoughts/suggestions!
Thanks in advance,
E

271115260_SZTMu-L.jpg

271115323_PWNgA-L.jpg

271115419_T2cNR-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    How's it going Eyal,

Nice shots! Your friends will love them... Since the sky is so neutral, if it were mine I would try and clone in ocean over the sky... otherwise it looks like a blank area on the top of the image... I'm not a fan of cepia... so I would choose between BW or color... I think it is ok for the images to be processed differently... The sky is definately a problem...

Winston
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Hey Winston,
    Thanks for the comments!
    Agree with you on the sky - it was very bland! I'm worried that my PS skills aren't quite up to the task of cloning in more ocean without the effects being quite obvious on an 11x14 print.
    I processed that last one in B/W and color as well to give myself a sense of it. Had to go with sepia in the end. Here they are:
    265921960_o8C3G-S.jpg265921984_8fYgz-S.jpg

E

ps - check out your post in Locations for cherry blossom info mwink.gif
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    If you want me to give it a try, I could probably turn the sky to water for you... post a link to the originals...

I don't know if I can make it on Saturday, I still have your number so if I do I'll give you a call.

Winston