Link in Email to individual photos

Pete291Pete291 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited March 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello

Is it possible to send a link in an email to an individual photo?

I opened a photo in X3LARGE, then copied the link in the address bar to an email I was composing, but when I tested the link it took me to the gallery the photo is in. I would like the link to take me directly to an X3LARGE viewing of that individual photo.

Thoughts anybody?

Thanks

Pete291

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 28, 2008
    You can easily pick up the url from the share photo page. If you are hiding share button, you may want to enable it when logged in:
    .share_button {
        display: none;
    }
    .loggedIn .share_button {
        display: block;
    }

Here's an example of a link from my site that will open an x3large photo (on a page by itself):
    http://www.denisegoldberg.com/photos/270516377_T53w6-X3.jpg

--- Denise
  • Pete291Pete291 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    You can easily pick up the url from the share photo page. If you are hiding share button, you may want to enable it when logged in:
    .share_button {
        display: none;
    }
    .loggedIn .share_button {
        display: block;
    }

Here's an example of a link from my site that will open an x3large photo (on a page by itself):
    http://www.denisegoldberg.com/photos/270516377_T53w6-X3.jpg

--- Denise

What's the "share button?" I know that in my Customize Gallery page the "easy sharing" button is marked "yes." If you're talking about something else, why do I have to insert code to make a button appear? Seems it ought to be a little more user-friendly.

Pete291
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    What's the "share button?" I know that in my Customize Gallery page the "easy sharing" button is marked "yes." If you're talking about something else, why do I have to insert code to make a button appear? Seems it ought to be a little more user-friendly.

Pete291

Never mind, I just found the share button. Let me work a while on this.
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    Never mind, I just found the share button. Let me work a while on this.

OK, I see the URL in the address box of my browser, but I only see the share button with a small or standard size picture. When I click on size X3LARGE the share button disappears so I can't get the URL.

Pete
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:

Pete291
    Pete -
    I'm sorry, I included the CSS to hide and show that button just in case you had hidden it. I don't want the button available on my site but I do use it when I'm logged in. I shouldn't have made the assumption that you wanted to do the same thing.

Hopefully you've found what you need on the share photos page.

--- Denise
    edited March 28, 2008
    Ping Denise G., Link to individual photo
    Hello

I want to send a link to an individual photo in an email.

Here's what I've done so far: I selected "share" for the photo I want the link to in the email.

I pasted the URL in my email, but then added -X3-LB to the end of the URL because looking at a big picture makes the share button disappear. When I tested the link I got "Sorry, that image doesn't seem to be shareable."

How do I change this? "Easy share" is marked in the customize window.

Pete291
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    Hello

I want to send a link to an individual photo in an email.

Here's what I've done so far: I selected "share" for the photo I want the link to in the email.

I pasted the URL in my email, but then added -X3-LB to the end of the URL because looking at a big picture makes the share button disappear. When I tested the link I got "Sorry, that image doesn't seem to be shareable."

How do I change this? "Easy share" is marked in the customize window.

Pete291
    I merged your posts. No need for new thread on the very same topic. Also, youdon't need to ping the volunteers - there are plenty here besides Denise that can help, when you name a helper,others won't come.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete, please post your website so we can help, okay? And, the link to the photo you want to share, in the gallery.
    edited March 28, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    I pasted the URL in my email, but then added -X3-LB to the end of the URL because looking at a big picture makes the share button disappear.
    When that photo is the current image in smugmug view, click the share photo button. Then click the copy link button for the X3Large version of that photo. That will copy the link and you can paste it whereever you'd like.

If you want to see what a link for an X3 large looks like, take a look at the link that I showed you in my initial response to your question.

If that still doesn't work - as Andy already requested - please show us the link you are trying to use plus give us a link to your gallery.

--- Denise
    edited March 29, 2008
    When that photo is the current image in smugmug view, click the share photo button. Then click the copy link button for the X3Large version of that photo. That will copy the link and you can paste it whereever you'd like.

If you want to see what a link for an X3 large looks like, take a look at the link that I showed you in my initial response to your question.

If that still doesn't work - as Andy already requested - please show us the link you are trying to use plus give us a link to your gallery.

--- Denise

When I click the Share button this is the screen I get. Do you see a "co;y link" button? Not being ornery ~ my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Pete291

screen.jpg
    edited March 29, 2008
    Pete291 wrote:
    When I click the Share button this is the screen I get. Do you see a "co;y link" button? Not being ornery ~ my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Pete291

screen.jpg

Never mind. I found it. You have to click on the "forums / blogs / etc to get to the "copy URL."