what first?

rcarrrcarr Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited March 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
So I am just TRYING to figure this out and already I'm learning how dumb I am. If I want to change the layout, do I need to do that first? or can I add photos and change the galleries, etc, and then go back and change the layout, colors, add slideshow etc? It's going to take me A LONG time to figure this out and would really like do it right...I've already had to delete all of it 3 times....not a good start!!

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 28, 2008
    rcarr wrote:
    If I want to change the layout, do I need to do that first? or can I add photos and change the galleries, etc, and then go back and change the layout, colors, add slideshow etc? It's going to take me A LONG time to figure this out and would really like do it right...I've already had to delete all of it 3 times....not a good start!!
    You can do this in any order. Load your photos first, then customize, customize first then load photos, or both.

I'd recommend adding photos to at least a couple of galleries in potentially a couple of categories before you start customizing. It could just be 2 or 3 photos in each gallery to start. The reason? It's a lot easier to see if you like the results of your customizations if there are some photos in play.

I started with a standard account, then upgraded. I played with the layout of my site, got it to a point where I liked it. But after a while I decided I wanted to change it again - and I did. There really are no limits here.

Have fun!

--- Denise