Old Abandoned Shed (B&W)

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited March 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
A fixer upper!
271576111_aFaa8-L.jpg

C&C please.

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    The composure of the shot doesn't quite do it for me, or it could be the B&W treatment ne_nau.gif. It does seem like an interesting subject though.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Color version:
    271574348_NaQnV-L.jpg
    Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    The color shot is definitely an improvement, my eyes at least, can separate the shed from the tree branches and limbs better.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Don....

I would like to see this image taken from a different perspective....showing more of the really dilapidated part.... and with the shed not consuming so much of the frame. I do like this type of photo.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    I would have liked to do such shots my self. I'll post a few others. Only thing is it was all private property along a road that I don't recall and I am hesitant to just walk on to other's property to shoot something, thus the poor angle.

I don't have the nerve to go and ask, and my wife wouldn't hav eput up with the time it might have taken.
    Oh well.rolleyes1.gif

Don
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    DonRicklin wrote:
    I would have liked to do such shots my self. I'll post a few others. Only thing is it was all private property along a road that I don't recall and I am hesitant to just walk on to other's property to shoot something, thus the poor angle.

I don't have the nerve to go and ask, and my wife wouldn't hav eput up with the time it might have taken.
    Oh well.rolleyes1.gif

Don
    Do what I do, shoot first, get asked questions later.. lol. Just walk on, take the photo and walk off, worst comes to worst, say you didn't know it was private property, ignorance is bliss
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Yeah, but to late for this one, now. And it was posted! As much farm land is! Unfortunately I know how touchy some owners can be!

Don
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Where/what I ws dealing with.
    271612104_GsTe4-M.jpg

271611000_SBVgu-M.jpg

Don
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Yeah, but to late for this one, now. And it was posted! As much farm land is! Unfortunately I know how touchy some owners can be!

Don
    Most likely, they wont shoot you thumb.gif, and if you found yourself in a precarious situation, offer them a free print.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    The second picture in your second posting is, by far, my pick of the litter. I shoot quite a lot of this type scene when I'm at my mountain house in the NC high country, near Boone. Fortunately, most of my subjects are much more in the open, which helps with accessability and also provides for cleaner shots with less distracting elements.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    It definitly looks like a fixer-upper rolleyes1.gif

My kind of place to visit.