Options

Dependable CF cards

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    I just received a Sandisk 8Gb Extreme III for $99 bucks.

Same here. I just picked up the CF card and a lens hood from Adorama :D

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    I just received a Sandisk 8Gb Extreme III for $99 bucks.

Where from ? Sounds good.
    pathfinder wrote:
    Remember what 8Gb cards cost initially?

Im the fella that paid $300 for 2 megs of Amiga ram...i cant seem to forget that.
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    I also remember not too many years ago thinking I'd got a really good deal on a 64Meg Sandisk card for $50.00.

:D Just got a 4gb SDHC card for the same $50...well actually my $50 was less than your's for the 64mb card. Nice to have the prices fall on something useful!clap.gif
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Where from ? Sounds good..

Almost anywhere...just bought one last night from B&H. :D
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Where from ? Sounds good.

I got mine from Adorama thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    dawssvt wrote:
    I got mine from Adorama thumb.gif
    Unfortunately i refuse to shop at either B&H or Andorama as they require me (im not in the US) to fax a copy of my signature along with my credit card details so (in their words) they can protect the buyer ...when really credit cards are insured & its the shop that takes the hit for fraud thus they are covering thier own arse. This i have no problem with however i just wish they would say that & not tell a lie about looking after the customer.

If my credit card company got wind of me faxing a copy of my signature i can assure you i would not be insured for misuse. Also its really odd that there is no fraudulent behavior in the US...its just us furriners.

Anyway i will look else where. Im still really temped to try the dodgy bros cards on thievebay.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Also its really odd that there is no fraudulent behavior in the US...its just us furriners.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    I have 1 lexar 2gb 80x pro that I paid $180 + s/h from zipzoomfly....then got another from them on sale for just under$100.....then got my 2 transcend 8gb 133x's from Newegg paid somewhere around 125 each.....those damn things are only 35.99 from Newegg right now.......looks like it is time to buy a couple more payday..................

Edit: Sandisk Ultra II.....$85.99 at NEWEGG.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    Newegg is where my last 2x4 gig cards came from but i had to get someone in the US to buy them for me as newegg wont sell to anyone overseas because again i assume that all fraudulent behavior originates from us furriners.
  • Options
    lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    NikonUSA digital Tech support (they actually answer the phone in Canada)told me recently that they have heard of failures with all brands of cards, that Nikon now officially approves SanDisk,Lexar, and the IBM Microdive, with most failures (few use it, they told me)of the IBM. The technician told me that he personally had some Transcend cards with no problems. He volunteered that there were more failures with the obscure brands, but that any card might fail. I am now using SanDisc, Lexar & Transcend.
    Stan
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 4, 2008
    cf cards
    I use 4 4gig transcends and 2 2gig extreme IV's, have had zero problems out of any of them. I found a place in Omaha Nebraska that has the 4gig transcend cards for 30 plus shipping, I purchased 3 and it came to just under 100 bucks, including shipping. "theupgradeplace" dot com, check em out.thumb.gif