Options

Aperture? Bridge?

firelook2firelook2 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited March 28, 2008 in Finishing School
I'm currently using Aperture on my MBP but curious about other programs. Being fairly new to the digital workflow I'm wondering about other programs like Adobe Bridge which I've heard a lot about but never used. I will be upgrading to CS3 and wondered if Bridge will do the same thing as Aperture and do I need both? Is one better than the other? :scratch

Thanks for any suggestions!

Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8

Comments

• Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Aperture's a lot nicer than Bridge mwink.gif

Bridge works in conjunction with Adobe Camera RAW if you're shooting RAW. I don't like the interface at all though.

Aperture is more comparable with Adobe's Lightroom. If you have already purchased Aperture though it's probably a better use of your time to really learn the tool (Long & Luna's book is quite good), rather than waste all manner of time comparing the tools. This author has fallen into that trap himself ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    firelook2firelook2 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Thanks for the input - appreciate it!

That's pretty much what I've heard from others, so guess I'll just stay with Aperture. It seems to be a very good program and has some great capabiities.

Thanks, again!
    Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8