Help needed to check Auto fullscreen problem

VirtualityVirtuality Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited March 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Could two helpful persons go to this gallery please
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3763266_XXPKW#216687116
(other than Andy - he's sent me a screen grab of what he sees as reported in yesterday's thread
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=789092#post789092 )
and click on the image of the bird that appears to the right of the thumbnails, and when the new image of the bird comes up on the screen, click on the link "Auto" which is above the image, and post here telling me what comes up on your screen. Is it a fullscreen image of the bird or is it a small image or some other size? On my screen its a small image when its supposed to be a fullscreen image. Allen suggested I might have a cookie that is instructing my computer to open a small image instead of one of the larger images. Andy reports its a large image on his screen. If two other people report its a large image on their screen then I can be pretty confident its a problem in my computer. Thanks.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Virtuality wrote:
    Could two helpful persons go to this gallery please
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3763266_XXPKW#216687116
    (other than Andy - he's sent me a screen grab of what he sees as reported in yesterday's thread
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=789092#post789092 )
    and click on the image of the bird that appears to the right of the thumbnails, and when the new image of the bird comes up on the screen, click on the link "Auto" which is above the image, and post here telling me what comes up on your screen. Is it a fullscreen image of the bird or is it a small image or some other size? On my screen its a small image when its supposed to be a fullscreen image. Allen suggested I might have a cookie that is instructing my computer to open a small image instead of one of the larger images. Andy reports its a large image on his screen. If two other people report its a large image on their screen then I can be pretty confident its a problem in my computer. Thanks.
    Auto and XL are the same here in Firefox. Clicking other sizes and all work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 28, 2008
    When I click the image that's the current photo in your gallery link, I get an X2Large image, which is the largest image that will fit on my screen.

Auto is not enabled at that point, so I clicked on a smaller size. When the smaller size was displayed, Auto was enabled. I clicked Auto, and the X2Large image was shown again.

--- Denise
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Virtuality wrote:
    Andy reports its a large image on his screen. If two other people report its a large image on their screen then I can be pretty confident its a problem in my computer. Thanks.

:cry you didn't believe me

lol3.gif
  • VirtualityVirtuality Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Thanks Allen, Denise and Andy. Good to hear that all three of you get a big image on the screen when you click on Auto - seems my computer is giving incorrect instructions when I click on the Auto link - I'll ferret around and see if I can find the problem - maybe its that cookie Allen suggested yesterday.
    It's interesting that Denise gets "an X2Large image, which is the largest image that will fit on my screen" when she clicks on the image to the right of the thumbnails - I get a small image when I do that.
    "you didn't believe me" - he he - it's those shifty eye movements in your avatar picture Andy! rolleyes1.gif
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Virtuality wrote:
    Thanks Allen, Denise and Andy. Good to hear that all three of you get a big image on the screen when you click on Auto - seems my computer is giving incorrect instructions when I click on the Auto link - I'll ferret around and see if I can find the problem - maybe its that cookie Allen suggested yesterday.
    It's interesting that Denise gets "an X2Large image, which is the largest image that will fit on my screen" when she clicks on the image to the right of the thumbnails - I get a small image when I do that.
    "you didn't believe me" - he he - it's those shifty eye movements in your avatar picture Andy! rolleyes1.gif
    I was able to change to all sizes at the top. Some were so big I had to scroll
    the screen. The auto loads the one that fills the screen.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • VirtualityVirtuality Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Thanks Allen - sounds good - your computer makes the right decisions! By the way - none of those shifty eye movements in your avatar pic - the very essence of innocence! :D