High School Theatre Production

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited March 29, 2008 in People
I took this shot last night at the local high school theatre performance of "The Diary of Anne Frank." The young lady in the photo - a friend of my daughter - played the role of Anne. This was one of the most challenging shoots I've ever had because the lighting was very subdued to match the mood of the storyline.

For those who don't know, this was the story of a German-born Jewish girl and her family who hid from the Nazis during the Holocaust. What we know of the young girl (age 13 when they started hiding) we learn from her diary which was found after her death in a concentration camp.

This was the first lead role for this young lady and it was her mother who asked me to shoot the performance. I hope she likes it..... and I hope my friends on DGrin like it, too.

Your questions, comments and critique are welcome. The rest of the gallery is here.

Shot with Canon 40D, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS at 200mm, ISO 3200, 1/60 second, f/2.8, on a monopod, no post processing only cropped.

271422879_hzYMN-L.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 29, 2008
    Hi James,

I like the composition of this one a lot, but it looks a bit over-exposed on parts of the face and blouse. Stage lighting often makes for difficult shooting, as it is meant to be dramatic. Spot metering can be useful to protect the most important parts.

Cheers,