Some more flash-attempts.

ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited March 29, 2008 in People
My girlfriend's sister:

Livs_vitner__by_cainadamsson.jpg

I get a fuzzy 70s hippy cd-cover feeling when I look at that image.. :)

Both of them:

Liv_og_Ida_by_cainadamsson.jpg

Is that last one a bit flat? too much grey?

C&C is as always appreciated :) You guys keep on helping me taking better pictures AND making them better in pp! :thumb
-Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Why are the faces so much darker than the lower left skin (arm, neck and chest)?
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    Why are the faces so much darker than the lower left skin (arm, neck and chest)?

I'm suspecting it is the glassware on the table :/ i could try to fix it a bit in PSeek7.gif
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    ...and why are the teeth so white, yet the faces so flat in the bottom pic? The upper pic has much nicer light modeling on her face, but again her teeth seem unaturally light, imo.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    ...and why are the teeth so white, yet the faces so flat in the bottom pic? The upper pic has much nicer light modeling on her face, but again her teeth seem unaturally light, imo.

I did use curves to lighten the white in the eyes and the theeth, but i obviously did too much :) I tried to up the s-curve in the last pic, but I don't seem to be able to make them "unflat", but I can try some more. Thanks for your commen!
    -Ulrik

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    There's not much that needs to be done to the first one. I really like it. The light is great. I would tone down the brightness on the teeth and the whites of the her eyes. I would also make use of the healing brush on her lips just a touch and remove a couple of the stray hairs on her forehead.

#2 The pose and the composition here are very nice and for that reason only would I keep it - as a reference. The light fall off left to right kills this shot. You MIGHT be able to salvage this by cropping it tigher thus loosing the very bright arm, chest, and neck; but I'm not sure.