Why is my site loading so slowly now?

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited March 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ever since I loaded a temporary main homepage / bio image, my site is loading slower than before. The image is not a large file size so I'm not sure what I did tha's caused this slower homepage load time? I have a new main page image I'm working on but, it's not finished so I put this one in as a placeholder for the time being.

www.360photostock.com

Maybe someone can look at my code and see if I did something to cause this slower page load time? I did some checking in my Google analytics and sure enough, it's taking a bit longer to load and... I noticed a higher bouce rate as well.

Could it have anything to do with the order in which the graphics are loading or ????

UPDATE: well it seems that suddenly the page is loading fine (scratching his head in bewilderment). It was loading slowly like I've never seen it before, like a blank page for what seemed like long enough to turn viewers away!

Sorry to bother you with this post folks..... so far so good.

Thank you in advance. One never stops learning when it comes to customization, I seem to learn something new every single day!
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    Back to slow loading!
    It's now loading slowly...... a little too long to be staring at a blank white screen and, this has not happened like this before!

www.360photostock.com

So, any ideas? My code borked or just coincedence?

Maybe someone can look at my code and see if I did something to cause this slower page load time? I did some checking in my Google analytics and sure enough, it's taking a bit longer to load and... I noticed a higher bouce rate as well.

Could it have anything to do with the order in which the graphics are loading or the temporary homepage graphic?
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!