Options

Ice on the lake

Lg-annLg-ann Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited April 2, 2005 in Landscapes
Well unlike the beauty of sunsets on beaches...sunrises on mountains we are still viewing snow..and ice..My son captured this view of Lake Erie ...yesterday while testing the ice depths..good thing he didnt fall in...
Id miss the camera :rofl

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    Interesting shot, is the color done by a sepia tone action or by contrast and saturation in RAW mode, or something else.

Where do you live by Lake Erie? I work near Cleveland, in Brecksville Ohio.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Interesting shot, is the color done by a sepia tone action or by contrast and saturation in RAW mode, or something else.

Where do you live by Lake Erie? I work near Cleveland, in Brecksville Ohio.

The effect was done with a sepia setting on the camera...I live near Brecksville in Old Brooklyn....The Brecksville Nature Center is a wonderful place for some nice photo taking..they have seeds there were you can hand feed the wild
    chickadees great opportunities for good photos...:):
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited March 30, 2005
    Hmmmm.... Interesting.
    Lg-ann wrote:
    Well unlike the beauty of sunsets on beaches...sunrises on mountains we are still viewing snow..and ice..My son captured this view of Lake Erie ...yesterday while testing the ice depths..good thing he didnt fall in...
    Id miss the camera
    Sure you weren't on the Saturn moon Titan recently? Here's a pic of that from Jan 15, 2005:

titan_color.jpg
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    Ice Comment
    Lg-ann wrote:
    Id miss the camera rolleyes1.gif
    From the perspective of Dayton OH.
    I think this is one shot that doesn't make it in sepia. Stark B&W would be good. Perspective and composition are pretty good (cept for the water drop at the top, PS where are you?)

You might try converting to B&W and see if I am right. I would like to know.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    mslammers wrote:
    From the perspective of Dayton OH.
    I think this is one shot that doesn't make it in sepia. Stark B&W would be good. Perspective and composition are pretty good (cept for the water drop at the top, PS where are you?)

You might try converting to B&W and see if I am right. I would like to know.
    Ok b/w i guess its cool...the water spot is a lonely little seagull lookin for food ..
    thanks for the comments
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    This where PS, curves, and a little selective color work help out. For your approval:
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    This where PS, curves, and a little selective color work help out. For your approval:
    hmmm very nice..im learnin slowly but ill get it some day...does this one
    look better ..different shot...thanks for the tips
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2005
    Yeah, it takes practice, but in no time you'll be whizzing right through post processing. The shot is better, but I would use curves to make the rocks less dark and the nuetrals a little more appealing.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Yeah, it takes practice, but in no time you'll be whizzing right through post processing. The shot is better, but I would use curves to make the rocks less dark and the nuetrals a little more appealing.
    Thanks for the advise..ill keep tryin:D