Options

Beginner Holga Shots

darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
edited March 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Ok, just took my holga out this morning for its first roll of film. The pictures I got are not "spectacular" but I was basically just testing out and seeing how to use it, etc.

This is one of my favorites from this morning. Shot 12 frames and 12 frames were able to be printed (not completely ruined, etc). Im happy with it so far, can't wait to do some more artsy stuff later today or tomorrow. Got some slide film, so that should turn out interestring.

Next shots should be more interesting.

271963044_2m6jq-L.jpg

C&C welcomed...i'd like to know what you have to say about this first shot.

Also, anyone else who has new Holga pictures, feel free to post them (one at a time though) to this thread if you want.
~ Lisa

Comments

• Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Interesting shot! I saw somewhere that someone made an EOS mount Holga lens with of one of the body caps. The result was pretty stunning, Holga effect with EOS quality. Just curious, how much and where did you buy it?
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    omgitsacameraomgitsacamera Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Nice shot, you'll have fun with it after laying down ~100 bucks for film and processing :)
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Nice shot, you'll have fun with it after laying down ~100 bucks for film and processing :)
    Exactly why destroying a $25 plastic camera to marry the lens to a $5 body cap makes sense :D.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    Thanks for the comments.

I don't think I want to do any mods at this time, I'm mostly planning on just using filters and similar for effects. Don't really want to destroy my new camera. The only really interesting mod I've read about (in my opinion) is the poloriod back, which would really help with my need for instant gratification. But, i'll live without it.

I got my Holga on Amazon.com, it is the newest model with the built in color flash and tripod mount. Was about $50 for the starter kit which included film and everything.

Processing for the 12 pictures (negatives and prints) came out to $7.11 and the film itself ranges from $4 to $8 - yeah, this is an expensive hobby all right.

Looking forward to posting more images tomorrow. thumb.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Processing for the 12 pictures (negatives and prints) came out to $7.11 and the film itself ranges from $4 to $8 - yeah, this is an expensive hobby all right.

Do you process it at a local lab? Because I got 16USD for 12 prints and negs. And they are b+w...
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    Do you process it at a local lab? Because I got 16USD for 12 prints and negs. And they are b+w...

Yes, I process locally at the camera store. The B/W costs extra $2.50 to develop the film, but prints are the same price.

Could probably send off to a mailorder lab to save some money, but I would not be able to handle sending them off to a lab, having to wait an hour was killing me yesterday. I guess I'm just too use to Digital. rolleyes1.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    for me: 4.65 processing
    12 x 1 dollar for prints

half an hour?! I have to wait two days!