User can print with any slideshow???

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 30, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have my galleries set for right click protection. I also resently had to turn off the share photos as I would like my images to be safe from someone snatching them through an email. I tried the new slideshow feature for the past week or so and my hubby and I were at Dgin forum looking at top pics in slideshow fourm.
When you right click on any of the pictures a white box comes up and gives you "print" as an option. I was not interested in printing anyones elses pics...but wondered if that was an option someone can do to my albums. I went back to my site and sure enough....they can print off a pic...which I did of one of my own. The image I printed had a 'filmstrip' at the bottom of the page I printed on it...but the main image was good enough quality for someone to cut off that strip and have a picture that was not payed for!

I am in the process of taking the slideshows off all my galleries....but I noticed that up in the corner there is still a 'view slideshow' option for a veiwer...and it goes to a full page slideshow, even in the smugmug view setting. You can do the same print from that slideshow too.

I really like the slideshows...but really do not want my pictures printed by anyone through their own device. How do I remove the slideshow button up at the top (in custom I do not allow the viewer to have control) and/or How can I have slide shows and totally disable printing???~JAG

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 30, 2008
    A user can grab anything on their screen and print it - totally outside of the control of smugmug. See comment from Andy here.

If you want to remove the slideshow button, add this to your CSS:
    .play_slideshow {           /* show full screen slideshow */
        display: none;
    }

--- Denise
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 30, 2008
    A user can grab anything on their screen and print it - totally outside of the control of smugmug. See comment from Andy here.

}

--- Denise

Thanks Denise...I hadn't thought of the print screen option. I'm going to have to rethink sizes. They will still see the option to buy huge prints even if I will not allow them to see them on screen wont they?
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 30, 2008
    }

--- Denise[/quote]

I added the code but still get the button in the top right corner. Any ideas?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 30, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Thanks Denise...I hadn't thought of the print screen option. I'm going to have to rethink sizes. They will still see the option to buy huge prints even if I will not allow them to see them on screen wont they?
    The originals are always used for printing.
    The size of photo that can be printed is not related to the size of photo that can be viewed on the screen.

If you're talking about allowing only certain sizes of prints to be purchased, you can set the price of the sizes you don't want to offer to 0 (assuming that you have a pro level account.)

--- Denise