More "shoot the shooter"

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 2, 2008 in People
I posted a few examples from a senior shoot I did on Friday HERE.

I had brought along my old Fuji P&S, and had her mom take a few shots of us as we were capturing her Sr pics.

Hope you enjoy.

We began at this location....

272122957_C7NZF-L.jpg

Here I am trying to hide the fact that we are shooting in an area surrounded by headstones.

272120569_A2vbF-L.jpg

To get something like this....(note to self: shiny fabrics and on camera fill don't mix well!!!)
272035275_2Czdv-L-1.jpg

272121767_KXWCy-L.jpg

272123932_dFfS8-L.jpg

272051712_gR2X8-L-2.jpg

272123244_rjoGg-L.jpg

271725335_hjfoT-L-4.jpg

...and lastly a composite that I will eventually post on my blog...

272086930_w5EVu-XL.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    Oh my Goodness! Jeff .... please send some of your beautiful locations out this way. #1 is just stunning!! The trees look sooo beautiful!! eek7.gif The whole set is gorgeous, as always. Have a feeling you just want to make us jealous ... haha! Not a big fan of the green one, but the collage turned out great clap.gif
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    These are great!!! I love seeing the action shots...thanks for sharing =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Oh my Goodness! Jeff .... please send some of your beautiful locations out this way. #1 is just stunning!! The trees look sooo beautiful!! eek7.gif The whole set is gorgeous, as always. Have a feeling you just want to make us jealous ... haha! Not a big fan of the green one, but the collage turned out great clap.gif

The photos taken that day were at multiple locations in the quaint town of St. Francisville ,La. We did not spend verymuch time at the church.

The green one is a cross process treatment I like to use ...now n then...just for the sake of being crazy!

Thanks for looking....I can't send the locations...but if you come down we can do some touring around!!!
    edited March 31, 2008
    Cuties02q wrote:
    These are great!!! I love seeing the action shots...thanks for sharing =)

Thanks for commenting. Lets see some of you!!:D
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    The photos taken that day were at multiple locations in the quaint town of St. Francisville ,La. We did not spend verymuch time at the church.

The green one is a cross process treatment I like to use ...now n then...just for the sake of being crazy!

Thanks for looking....I can't send the locations...but if you come down we can do some touring around!!!

LA? Ya ..... I wish. :cry
    edited March 31, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    LA? Ya ..... I wish. :cry

Would be quite the haul from Boston huh? rolleyes1.gif

Plan yourself a trip to New Orleans sometime. Stay in the French Quarter. You will love it!!!
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Yeah that other pic should really find it's way into this colllage, Laughing.gif! One thing I learned, the more collages the more sale possibilities.

Photography should end up on that Discovery Channel show, "Dirty Jobs".
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited April 1, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Yeah that other pic should really find it's way into this colllage, Laughing.gif! One thing I learned, the more collages the more sale possibilities.

Photography should end up on that Discovery Channel show, "Dirty Jobs".

I have actually never sold a collage....never really tried to. I did a 10x10 template to plug photos into. My intentions were to sell those in the leather folio folders....but I haven't really pushed it. The collages are a great way to display several photos on my blog without really taking up a bunch of real estate or requiring a lot of scrolling.
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Jeff,
    Thanks for posting this. Its really fun to see how you take the photo then see what the photo looks like.

BTW, you take GREAT sr. pics - I've admired every post you've put up showing us what you've done.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Jeff your shots are amazing....where is that location at?
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Ditto what Mike said; it is very cool to see you take the shot and see how your shot turned out, thanks for sharing~
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Love seeing the poses of the photographer!!! Laughing.gifclap.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    What a great idea to involve her Mom in capturing some great moments. Your photos are great as well. Well done! I think you may have started a new trend.
    edited April 2, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

The locations....

The church is in St Francisvile La. The barn is located at a Heritage museum in Zachary, La. We also shot at the Myrtles Plantation that is famously haunted.
    edited April 2, 2008
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    Jeff,
    Thanks for posting this. Its really fun to see how you take the photo then see what the photo looks like.

BTW, you take GREAT sr. pics - I've admired every post you've put up showing us what you've done.

- Mike

WEll I certainly appreciate your kind comment. Thanks!!!