Options

Editing problems

timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
edited March 30, 2008 in Dgrin Forum Support
I posted a new thread to the whipping post forum, and later found out I'd posted a link to an image in a SM gallery which didn't allow for external links.

When I went back to try and change the original post to include the corrected link, even "go advanced" didn't show me the WYSIWYG interface one usually gets when creating a new post - as a result I couldn't put the revised image in the original post.

Not having WYSIWYG editing isn't much of a pain - except in instances like this.

Would it be possible to get WYSIWYG editing of existing posts working in the Whipping Post forum?
  • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    It's there. Just click on the switchmode.gif icon in the top right corner of the Edit Dialog in either the in Thread one or the <Go Advanced> one. That toggles between WYSIWYG and Code View.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    You can edit img links in any of the interfaces, you don't need WYSIWYG.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    You can edit img links in any of the interfaces, you don't need WYSIWYG.
    I tried just now - while the text changes went through, the IMG updates did not.

Hitting the "A" button at the top to switch from code view got me the interface I was looking for - hopefully the image'll be there now as well.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    DonRicklin wrote:
    It's there. Just click on the switchmode.gif icon in the top right corner of the Edit Dialog in either the in Thread one or the <Go Advanced> one. That toggles between WYSIWYG and Code View.
    That seems to've done it. Hopefully people can see my pic in Whipping Post now. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    Thanks for the cleanup!
    All the "Where's the pic" posts are gone from my "Indoor Pool" WP thread. clap.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    timk519 wrote:
    All the "Where's the pic" posts are gone from my "Indoor Pool" WP thread. clap.gif

That's my job. Clean up. deal.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops