Options

sold: 15" apple powerbook g4 ** mint condition **

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in Flea Market
**price reduced before i put it on evil-bay tonight**

** final price reduction has taken place ** going on evil-bay at 9pm ny time tonight. pm me me if you want it.

ok i've recently come into a new sony t-series pc laptop, so my powerbook must go!

(yes, i'm keeping my g5 setup at my studio)

this powerbook was purchased at the apple store in manhattan in february of 2005, so it's about six weeks old, in perfect working order. ** condition = as new. ** includes the original box, papers, software, cables, cords, etc. the us warranty is good till february of 2006.

18531203-M.jpg
(photo courtesy of apple.com, and edited by me :D)

you can see the specs on this machine, at the apple store. this model is the 15" with superdrive (dvd burner and cd burner on board). it's got the 1.67ghz processor, and an additional 1gb of ram, for a total of 1.5gb ram. the apple retail on this machine is $2299 and then add $360 for the additional 1gb of ram.

here are the specs on this machine.

your price: $2150 (was $2250) which includes insured shipping to continental u.s. international buyer? no problem... you'll pay actual shipping, less $25usd. i'll take your cash, personal check, money order, bank check, bank wire, or paypal. if you choose paypal, you'll pay the fees (~$40). you can buy with confidence from me, i have a perfect record buying and selling here on dgrin, and on ebay as andy9999andy.

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    Nice touch, putting your post inside your post.

As for your regression in to PC-dom. Congrats on coming into a laptop, however that worked. Too bad it's....well, I'll just keep my mouth shut and say congrats on the new acquisition.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice touch, putting your post inside your post.

As for your regression in to PC-dom. Congrats on coming into a laptop, however that worked. Too bad it's....well, I'll just keep my mouth shut and say congrats on the new acquisition.

aw, it's actually quite fine. i've never had a problem with my pcs. i have a three year old sony desktop pc at home that's chugging along quite fine. i know how to protect 'em :D yeah the apples are easy to use - and the coolness factor of the powerbook is waaaaaaay up there. but then again, so is the coolness and style of the sony t-series thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 30, 2005
    andy wrote:
    :D yeah the apples are easy to use - and the coolness factor of the powerbook is waaaaaaay up there. but then again, so is the coolness and style of the sony t-series thumb.gif
    sure looks a lot like a powerbook, don't it?

:hide
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    sure looks a lot like a powerbook, don't it?

:hide

yeah. and the cool thing too, erik - i can prolly go back to the crumpler shrinkle again! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    I'm going to make a wxwax type prediction. Ready?

You're going to sell your Powerbook, and a week later Tiger will come out. You will be so completely impressed with the OS that you'll re-buy the Powerbook so you can take advantage of Dashboard and Spotlight on the road.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ok i've recently come into a new sony t-series pc laptop, so my powerbook must go!

Traitor. :grim
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    I'm going to make a wxwax type prediction. Ready?

You're going to sell your Powerbook, and a week later Tiger will come out. You will be so completely impressed with the OS that you'll re-buy the Powerbook so you can take advantage of Dashboard and Spotlight on the road.

lol3.gif anything's possible!
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    andy wrote:
    lol3.gif anything's possible!

A 12" PB with Tiger to go with your downsized cameras. ear.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gifumph.gif:D
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    price reduced to $2150. it's going on evil-bay tonight.....would rather sell to a dgrinner!
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    A 12" PB with Tiger to go with your downsized cameras. ear.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gifumph.gif:D

funnily enough, i was in the apple store today, buying my ipod shuffle iloveyou.gif

i picked up the 12" again, mmm mmm it's tasty.
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    andy wrote:
    funnily enough, i was in the apple store today, buying my ipod shuffle iloveyou.gif

Picked up as in lifted it off the table, or picked up as in bought another? There's no telling with you...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    andy wrote:

My girlfriend recently bought a loaded 12" PowerBook. She wanted a very portable machine, with Super Drive, and enough heft to run Photoshop if needed. Mainly for travel. And the 12" fit the bill for her. And for her, like me, Windows is not considered an option. The iBook was ruled out due to the external monitor support.

I got a 15" for the extra screen size. But I have to admit, I came awfully close to a 12", then either an external monitor, or an iMac for the bulk work.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    sold! to a dgrinner who wishes to be anonymous deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    andy wrote:
    sold! to a dgrinner who wishes to be anonymous deal.gif

Ah, most likely someone wise enough to stay out of the Mac/PC debate!

Congrats, Andy on selling your Powerbook! (never thought I'd say that), and avoiding evil-bay.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Ah, most likely someone wise enough to stay out of the Mac/PC debate!

Congrats, Andy on selling your Powerbook! (never thought I'd say that), and avoiding evil-bay.

it's actually someone who appreciates fine computers. she owns a sony and an pbook now.

:D